Ch-23-No strings Attached!

Song of chap~Maana ke hum yaar nahi
From Meri pyaari bindu ..(coz i love it)
(Shanaya's feelings are perfectly portrayed)

3rd persons POV
Finally today Sid was getting his discharge.
Shanaya was more than happy. In this one week she had realised one thing, she was, she is and she will. ALWAYS love Siddharth.
There was no escape to it. Maybe she misjudged him, maybe that girl was nobody to him.
But the fact of the day was, Sid hated her,he hated her guts.
~~~~~~~~~
"Here is his wheel chair.",Preeti said bringing Sid's final requirement to the hospital room.
"Isnt his left leg fracture alright now?",Shanaya asked.
"But he asked for it...",Piyush commented.
"If you dont need one why ask for it?",Rishabh asked him.
"The thing is I think I still have a pain in my fractured part so...I am taking it.",Sid answered to noone in particular.
Shanaya found it strange but chose to be quite.
"So Ms.Doctor any special instructions to the patient?",Rishabh asked Shanaya mocking.
"Get well soon! And Dont take stress, not good for you health.",Shanaya tried to sound formal.
"I will take that advise as long as people dont give me reasons to get annoyed.",He said fake smiling at Shanaya.
~~~~~~
A week later
In Sid's bedroom .....
"Sid You really need to get back on your legs now!",Kriti huffed.
"What happened to her?",He asked to Vishal pointing at Kriti.
"We are getting engaged next week!",They chorused to remind him.
"Oh YAA! I forgot",Sid said scratching the back of his head.
"Thats it you are ridiculous!",Kriti said annoyed.
"That is why you chose this annoying brat over me?",Sid asked dramatically.
Kriti and Vishal laughed at the original Sid.
"Checkup time!",Shanaya said coming in.
"Woah..Suprise tests I had much heard about..Suprised Doctor visits is something new!",Vishal commented.
"Mom-dad were going out with uncle-aunty and Di-Jiju so they dropped me here.", She explained herself.
"So is the patient fine?",She asked.
"Till now I was!",Sid commented.
She sighed.
"Piyush has asked to check on your walk and leg movements..Shall we?",She asked formally.
"I am not in a mood.",he murmered.
"Okay ..So FIRST OF ALL, diagonisis is not related or in favour of the "mood" of the patient.Second I am talking formally so I expect the same..",Shanaya stated firmly with her arms crossed authoritively.
"Sid..Its for your good..",Vishal advised.
"Fine!",he huffed.
Shanaya checked all his movements by some leg exercises that Piyush told her about.
"Okay this is fine...Now we need to check your walking.",Shanaya told extending a hand for him to get up.
"NO!",was his immediate reply and he continued, still perplexed and sweaty, "No I cant get up!"
"Sid You can! Its now in your head .. you are perfectly fine otherwise!",Shanaya said advising.
"No I cant!",He said looking away.
"I think we have to go!",Vishal said looking at his watch.
"Yeah ..Shanaya you guys can continue ..We have a lot of preparations pending for the engagement!",Kriti said bidding a bye.
They left.
There was an awkward silence between both of them.
"Are you sure you cant walk? Like I think we need to get another operation done if that is the case.",Shanaya tried to scare him.
"Umm..Yeah!",He answered after giving a thought.
"What are you waiting for ? Leave!",He said rudely.
"Yeah! I am not specifically interested to be with you!",Shanaya said twitching her mouth.
She reached the main corridor of the 1st floor and was lost in her own thoughts.
She reached the staircase and looked back at Sid's room.
'Why is he like that?',She thought.
Next moment,
"HOLY SHIT!!", she screamed as she slipped the first two stairs but balanced herself.
She sat on the third stair, unable to walk due to the sharp pain in her left ankle.
"What ?? ARE YOU FINE? ",Sid said.
Shocked to hear that voice she turned around.
He was standing there on his own, without any support, just plain concern for Shanaya in his eyes.
"You..Are here??",She asked hesitantly.
"Its not about me now! Are you fine?",He asked again.
He was scared, plain scared.
He literally didnt want her to go through what he went through.
"Oh god! Stand up! Lets see to this",He said extending his hand.
She hesitated to hold it, but he caught hold ofher hand and tried to make her stand.
"No..I cant!!!",Shanaya said in pain.
"Wait..",He said.
He bent down to her level, and in one time, picked her up in bridal style and proceeded to one of the guest rooms.