Ch - 37- Shanaya, has to come back!

"Didi!", she came down and hugged Drishti.
She was followed by Piyush who greeted Rishabh.
"How are you two?", she asked.
She nodded with a smile indicating they were fine.
They both bowed to touch down Rishabh's Mom's feet and take her blessings.
"I have already taken the list of your tests down. Can we all proceed to the ECG room?", Preeti asked showing Rishabh his mother's file.
They all moved in the ECG room where a couple of tests were going to take place.
Preeti and Piyush were standing outside.

"Did you call her again?", Preeti asked.
"Yes I did. Its still switched off. Pri, Shanaya ditched us for real this time. She broke off her contacts.", Piyush said looking away.
They were sad and there was this momentary silence.

"How is he now?", he asked about Siddharth.   "He is good, he should get consciousness today.", Preeti said in a low voice.
"What is wrong with you?", Piyush asked concerned in regards with Siddharth's health.
"He is going to gain consciousness, the operation was successful, he is going to get his memory back, I don't know how to console him again when he comes to know about Shanaya.", she said nervously.
"Its going to be okay Pri. We will figure out something.", he assured, although being not so sure himself.
"When she was going to go away, I had informed her that her Di and Jiju were going to come to Mumbai. She told me to let them meet him. She has given me this huge task, I don't know how to give out answers.", she said holding her head.
"I am sure you have a plan. Don't worry I will back you up.", he said with a smile.
"I will take them to his room and explain everything minus the Shanaya part. I want Siddharth to tell them about Shanaya. I know they will be happy to have him back.", She said with a hint of a smile.

_________________________________

All of Rishabh's mom health tests were done.
"Okay Preeti. Thanks for being there through the process. We are going to the hotel and we will come back tomorrow to collect results and meet you two before leaving.", Drishti stated their further plans.
"We had a talk about this. You people are staying at our house. No arguments.", she said cross armed.
"Piyush, tell her to understand.", Rishabh suggested.
"Nope. I cannot.", he said pokerfaced.
"Okay done.", Drishti said agreeing and continued, "so should we wait for you two in the waiting lounge?"
Preeti and Piyush exchanged glances.
It was time for him to meet his family.

"Can you all come with us?", Preeti asked with a nervous smile.
Rishabh and Drishti exchanged confused looks but followed them.

Preeti guided them to Siddharth's  room.
She took a deep breath before opening the door and said, "The first thing we would like to say is sorry. We are really sorry.", and she opened the door where Siddharth was lying on the hospital bed unconscious.

All the three family members had blank expressions on their face.
They were happy to find him back, they were sad seeing him lying on the bed like that, and they were angry as everything was hidden from them.

"Siddharth..", his mom broke into hysterics, she went near his bed and stroked his long hair.
"We found him. We found him!", Rishabh said to Dristhi with tears in his eyes.
After years of taking the blame for losing his brother, they finally found him.

They turned to the couple for an explanation.
"We found him three months ago. Everything was going well but he had a trigger and here we are.", Piyush explained.

"But didn't he recognise you two?", Drishti asked suspiciously.
"Woh...", Preeti started stuttering. They couldn't lie now.
Before she could speak, the machines attached to Siddharth's body started beeping suddenly.
"Piyush. He is getting consciousness.", Preeti said looking at him.
Time to answer a lot of questions.