Ch-31- Ruined

Song of the chapter- Qismat
3rd person's POV
Today was Preeti and Piyush's engagement.
Everyone was so happy for them.
Preeti and Piyush had taken an off and Sid and Shanaya were to leave early for the engagement.
When it was 5 in the evening Shanaya started packing up her things and finishing her pending work.
There was a ring on her phone with a private number.
Shanaya picked up thinking it to be an emergency.
"Hello?", she asked.
"6pm at the new construction site, near Armieda resort.", A familiar voice said.
She blushed and said, "Why so?"
"Because I want to give you something before the engagement party tonight."
"I will be there.", she said and kept the phone.
So she had to meet him there directly.
She quickly packed up and left.
——————
"All work done let me call Shanaya up!", Sid said to himself walking to the parking space for doctors.
Si-Hello Shanu! Waiting for you in the parking.
Sh-Sid, the..there.. is a small emergency with a patient. I will be late.
Si-Okay I will wait for you.
Sh-No! Don't! I mean I will be a little late and Preeti and Piyush need at least one of us.
Si-Are you sure?
Sh- Yes. Please go home and go to the party with someone, don't be alone.
Si- Shanu what is wrong?
Sh- Arrey nothing! Don't stress yourself. I am fine. Bye
Si- okay. Bye I love you
Sh- I love you too, Siddharth.

She called out his full name?
She sounded tense too. Maybe the work stress.
She always took stress at the littlest things.
Siddharth assured himself and drove home.

—————————
Siddharth was all ready to go and so was everyone else in the family.
"Lets go!", He said in general picking up his car keys from the key stand.
"But Shanaya?", Drishti asked.
"She will join us directly at the venue, there was an emergency.", He explained.
All of them left for the venue.
Siddharth called her up but the phone was switched off.
———
She came in to an empty home.
Everyone had left for the party and she had to go and join them.
Thank god no one was home, she didn't want them to know about her stained lipstick and kohl on her face.
It was okay, no one would ever know anything, and she too will soon forget all this.
Sid didn't have to know, it would ruin him, cause a turmoil in his emotions and it was not good for his current health condition.
But how to get those imaginary stains off her? The one those were of his touch, those stains that we burning every part that he touched.
She stepped into a cold shower, she dressed up prim and proper in perfect clothes.
She tried to smile normally but it turned out weird.
After trying for a couple of smiles, she decided that she could manage and she left to reach the venue.
Would anyone ever know what happened to her?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sid? What should we do?", Preeti asked.
It was almost an hour that everyone was waiting for Shanaya.
"Preeti please continue the ceremony, her phone is switched off as well.", Siddharth said with a small smile.
He was tensed and his gut feeling said something wasn't right.
"Don't worry, she will be fine.", Vishal assured patting on his shoulder.
The ceremony started where Preeti and Piyush slipped the ring into each other's fingers, sealing their bond forever.
Everyone clapped and one by one, started congratulating them.
Sidd congratulated both of them and hugged them.
Everyone was socialising and having a good time at the party.
"Sid, I am sorry for being late, where is PreeYush?", A voice asked holding Sid's shoulder from behind.
"Shanaya?!! Kaha ho tum? Tumhara phone bhi switched off hai! Do you know how scared I was ?", Sid said turning around and embracing her.
"I am s..orry, due to Jaitely sir and Preeti's absence, the whole work pressure was on me so I got a little late.", she said in a meeky voice.
"Why do you sound different? Like you are scared out of your wits?", Sid asked still holding her in a side embrace.
"I am just a little worked up.", she said rubbing her temples.
"Thats okay, relax when we reach home. For now, congratulate Preeti and Piyush, Preeti can be a problem, I am telling you.", Sid warned with a chuckle.
Shanaya smiled back and they reached out to Preeti and Piyush.
"Who is she? Sid you are marrying again?!", Preeti taunted.
"Time mil gya finally?", Piyush said raising a brow.
"I am sorry guys. The hospital people didn't leave me only.", Shanaya said all apologetic.
"I don't care, you will have to pay for it.", Preeti said with a pout.
"Will a tight congratulatory hug do?", She asked.
Preeti and Piyush broke into wide grins and Shanaya hugged both of them.
Soon, Vishal and Kriti joined in.
————————————
Piyush's POV
"But ultimate question is, What took you so long?", Vishal asked Shanaya.
Shanaya explained the complicated case to them which was fully understood by Preeti only.
"Oh I see.", Sid said with a sigh.
Everyone was teasing Shanaya to be late in her closest friend's engagement.
But I was thinking something else.
I had gone to the hospital in the afternoon to submit some files which would be around 5.15.
Sid said he left the hospital at 5.30, so that would have been the time he called Shanaya up.
But when I exited the hospital at 5.20, I marked my exit in our attendance record. There it was shown that she was already out of the hospital at 5.05, which means she was not in the hospital till now, but somewhere else.