Ch-33- UMEED: the orphanage

Song of the chapter- Mere Rashke Qamar
3rd person's POV
Shanaya was winding up on Saturday evening.
She had to go to the inaugural event at UMEED.
Preeti and Piyush would directly meet her there. She got home and then she would hire a cab to go to the place.
She showered up and draped a saree that she had recently bought. It was a white and red floral print saree with red borders and a sleevless red blouse.
She looked elegant, she applied a little scent.
'A bindi will really suit you.' , his words rang in her ears after all this years, and faithful to his words, she did put it up.
Her Uber made her reach the newly built playground well in time.
___________________________________
Siddharth Shah was getting ready for his first traditional sort of performance, he had performed at local platforms and local music weekend joints, but not at traditional places.
He was confused as to what to wear, as he only had loose t-shirts and baggy pants to wear, Anahita had to pester him to buy a new Kurta!
He adorned his new white buttoned Kurta with a multicoloured small cloth on the chest pocket.
He left his shoulder length hair open to the sides.

_____________________________________

"You look really elegant!", one of the fellow guests complimented Shanaya.
"Thank you.", she replied with a smile.
She was standing and observing the ground all decorated with beautiful fairy lights and balloons, a big ganesha idol, for which the aarti had to be done.
The orphanage kids were happy and running around and playing.
For Shanaya, UMEED had become her home, she had a family but due to the first four years of her life as an orphan, she connected with orphans the most.
"Mommyyyyy!!!", came up a voice of a 4-year old boy.
Two little kiddos ran and hugged Shanaya's knees.
Shanaya got down on her knees.
"Hi kiddos! How are you?", She asked hugging them.
"I am fine, mom.", 4-year old Amey said in a cheery voice.
Shanaya turned to Anika.
"I-am-fine-but-we-are-not-talking-to-you.", Shanaya deciphered by Anika's gestures.
Yes, Anika was mute since childhood and hence she only talked by gestures.
"Why is my darling not talking to me?", Shanaya asked.
"You don't come to meet us.", Amey said with a pout.
"I am sorry! I was busy! I will come up every week, I promise and very soon, we will see each other all the time. Just waiting for the papers.", she said smiling to both of them.
"We will be family!", Amey exclaimed and Anika clapped.
"Hiii my cuties!", Preeti said greeting the kiddos. Piyush was with her.
"Preeti aunty and Piyush uncle!", Amey exclaimed and the kiddos gave them hugs.

"Where-is-hero?", Anika gestured to Amey.
"He is late! Like always!", Amey said pouting.
The three adults laughed at their talks.
"He pouts like, Siddharth.", Preeti whispered to Piyush, to which he nodded.
"I heard that.", Shanaya said with a small smile.
Preeti gave back a nervous one.
"Its okay, I see Siddharth in him as well.", she said looking at Amey with loving eyes.
"He is okay, wherever he is.", Piyush said assuring Shanaya.
She smiled back weakly.
"Ms. Shanaya, Can you come here?", The head nun of the orphanage asked.
"Sure sister. Tell me what it is?", Shanaya said leaving the kiddos with Piyush and Preeti.
"Like all the guests we want you to do the aarti as well, you are the chief guest, you go last. Is that okay? The aarti will start soon.", she said with a motherly smile.
"Completely fine sister, thank you for blessing me with this amazing place and opportunity.", Shanaya said with a smile.
_______________________________
Soon everyone gathered around the ganesha idol.
The aarti was about to start the singer had already put up his collar mic and a multi-layered aarti was given to his hands.
Shanaya was standing behind him in ther crowd.
To her, this guy's face was not visible, only his shoulder length hair and his arms.
"Weird, my kids are addicted to a hippy!", She whispered to Preeti.
"Shh! He can be a nice person, don't judge him. Let's see it later on.", she replied.