Chapter 10 - Catch Up

Taylor's P.O.V.
"Oh my god, Taylor!" Sydney cried, and threw her arms around me. I laughed at her reaction and wrapped my arms tightly around her body.

"Sam! Mia! Teddy! It's Taylor!" Sydney shouted inside the house, "Taylor's come home!" The sound of running footsteps could be heard from upstairs and the living room, and seconds later a girl and boy came running down the stairs, and a man came from the living room. It was Mia, Teddy and Sam.

"BUBBLES!" Mia and Teddy practically screamed, jumping the last few steps and into my arms. A large grin spread on my face, and I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes.

"Oh my god, you two are so grown up!" I exclaimed, pulling away from them to get a better look at them. Mia had grown about a foot, and Teddy was still shorter than her, but not by much. Mia's long red hair was plaited into two pigtails, and it hung almost down to her waist. Teddy's hair was still as messy and curly as it used to be, and he was still clutching the same teddy bear from three years ago!

"What are you doing here?" Sydney asked hurriedly as she pulled me into the living room. Sam greeted me with a large hug and then I was quickly lead to the sofa.

"Well, I have some news for you all!" I beamed, picking Teddy up and placing him on my lap.

"Oh my god, you're pregnant?" Sydney gasped and Mia started clapping.

"No no no no!" I laughed, shaking my head vigorously, "No I'm moving back here for a while!"

"Oh that's fantastic!" Sydney cried, wrapping me in another hug, "How come?"

"My boss transferred me back to my old job so I could help out with the newspaper," I explained, "But enough about me! How have you two little monkeys been?"

"I'm learning how to play piano!" Mia cheered, throwing her hands up in the air.

"And I'm going to big boy school now!" Teddy copied Mia's actions, and almost knocked me out in the process.

"Oh wow, that's amazing!" I laughed, carefully dodging Teddy's arm as he threw up his hands, "I still can't believe how grown up you both are now! Aren't you like nine and six or something?"

"Nooooo, I'm ten!" Mia giggled, "And Teddy is seven!"

"I'm just kidding! Of course I remember how old you are! I never forget your birthdays!" We talked for ages it seemed. Of course, the kids had to go to bed soon after I arrived, and I was instructed by Mia to come and tuck her and Teddy in. Once I'd kissed them both goodnight, and tucked them in, I quietly made my way back downstairs and followed Sydney and Sam into the kitchen.

"So how's things been with you?" Sydney asked, pouring coffee into mugs for the three of us, "I've hardly heard from you these past three years!"

"Yeah it's been a long time," I sighed, "Well things have been going great! I'm still with Ben, who I told you about around a year and a half ago. We're happy together, and he moved into my apartment a few months ago. But two months ago, he had to go and travel Europe to visit different companies for his job. So when I found out about my new job, I called him and found out that he's now in England too! I didn't tell him that I was here because I want to surprise him!"

"Aw sounds like you two are perfect together," Sydney smiled, handing me and Sam our coffees, "So how was the flight coming home?"

"The flight was fine I guess. Although you're never going to guess who I bumped into at the airport?"

"Who?"

"Thomas!"

"Wait, Thomas?" Sydney almost choked on her tea, "As in the guy who cheated on you with that.... that...."

"Yeah, him," I sighed, "But he wasn't with Molly. Instead he was picking up his new girlfriend Isabella. Well, Bella."

"Wait, a new girlfriend? So what happened to Molly?" Sam asked.

"That's what I thought. They persuaded me into joining them for coffee, and she didn't come up once!"

"Hold on a second," Sydney said, putting her coffee down on the table, "What about the kid they had together? Surely he would have at least mentioned them?"

"Nope, nothing."

"And now he's got a new girlfriend? Well," Sydney sat back in her chair, "Sounds like he was the complete wrong guy for you! At least you've got Ben now!"

"Yeah," I agreed, "So moving on from Thomas, what's been up with you two?"

"Well," Sydney smiled across at Sam, who smiled back and took her hand in his, "Sam and I have some news." I instantly gasped and covered my mouth with my hands.

"You're not?" I breathed.

"Yep! I'm pregnant!" Sydney grinned. I let out a quiet scream (seeing as the kids were sleeping) and jumped up to give them both a hug.

"Oh my god, that's amazing!" I cried, "Congratulations! How many weeks?"

"Three," Sydney replied. I couldn't believe it! My sister, who was almost 33 years-old, was going to have her third child, and here was me, who wasn't even engaged, let alone married or with kids!

"Yeah, I just wish you'd find the right guy so you could have kids!" Sydney continued.

"Oh no no no, I'm not ready for kids!" I laughed, holding my hands up, "I can barely handle myself, let alone a child!"

"But Taylor, you're amazing with Mia and Teddy!" Sam protested, "You'd be an amazing mum!"

"Aw thanks guys!" I blushed slightly, "Ah well, maybe sometime in the future eh?" We talked for about another hour, but that was the limit for me. I'd been awake for a long time, and I was extremely tired. So after having said goodnight to my sister and Sam, I trudged upstairs and threw on my pyjamas. Crawling into bed, I pressed the back of my head against the pillow, and looked up at the ceiling. Would Ben ever want to have kids? Did I even want to have children? Bloody hell, just the idea of having to give birth made me want to throw up. The amount of pain you'd be in! But surely I wanted to have kids someday? Do I?