Chapter 12 - The Flat

Taylor's P.O.V.
No no no, this couldn't be right! I couldn't be living in the same building as him! I mean seriously, of all the places to live and this is where they choose for me? Sighing, and clenching my fists slightly, I made my way to the front door. Luckily for me, I was on the floor above Thomas' flat, which meant that I wouldn't be direct neighbours with him. But I was still in the same building as him, and that was way too much for me! As I waited patiently in the lift, I started to wonder about what my flat was like. Despite me having to live a floor above Thomas, I was still super excited to see my new home. I wondered if it would be the same layout as Thomas' flat, or if it were different. I prayed that it was different, because even though I loved that flat, I didn't want to instantly be reminded of our time together, whenever I walked into it. That would be depressing.

Finally, the lift dinged, and the metal door swung open. There were four flats on this floor, and the entrance hall to all three of them was a kind of square ish shape, with a door on each wall. I hoped the neighbours here were nice. There is literally nothing worse than having bloody maniacs or stubborn people for neighbours. Pushing the negative thought aside, I walked up to my door and began fumbling for my keys in my bag. I pushed the key into the lock, and the front door swung open. I was met with a large entrance hall, that had many doors leading off from it. It was like Alice in Wonderland. My excitement took over, and I immediately chucked my bags on the floor, shut the door behind me, and began exploring the house. There were three doors on the left wall of the entrance hall, two doors on the right, and one at the far end. I soon found the two nearest doors on the left wall to be cupboards, which I will admit, was a bit of a disappointment, seeing as they were the first two doors I opened. The third door opened up to be a fairly large bathroom, with light blue tiled walls and a white tiled floor. On the opposite side of the entrance hall were two large bedrooms. I couldn't help but squeal with excitement as I ran in and out of the two rooms. They were so big! And one of them even had an en-suite and a feature fireplace! My heart racing, I left the bedrooms and threw open the door at the end of the entrance hall. My eyes fell upon a large living room, with a lay bay window at one end that overlooked the city, and another feature fireplace on the far wall. It was an open-planned room, with the kitchen at the opposite end to the window. The kitchen itself was modern, and it was almost as big as the living room!

I couldn't believe it! This was all mine! My home! Well, at least for the upcoming year. But I didn't care. I was just too excited to get this place looking like home again. Fleeing the living room, I hauled my suitcase from the hall into one of the bedrooms, and quickly went into the bathroom to freshen up. In no less than five minutes later, I was out the door and catching a bus to the nearest supermarket. When I arrived, I grabbed the largest trolley I could find, and headed for the entrance. Time to do some shopping...