Chapter 25 - Dylan Packs His Case...

Thomas' P.O.V.
"Okay warning," Taylor said quietly, making us stop outside her door, "Kaya is just a little bit crazy, okay? So don't be surprised!"

"Love, you're standing out here in reindeer pyjamas, and you're telling us that Kaya is crazy?" Dylan laughed, receiving a punch from Taylor.

"Yeah, but you already know I'm crazy!" She rolled her eyes before opening the door, "Kaya, it's me!"

"Oh good," A girl's voice came from the kitchen, "Because if you were a burglar, I would have had to use a bat or something to knock you out!" As she finished, the girl emerged from the kitchen. She had long, dark brown hair, that was loosely curled, she wore dark skinny jeans and a red jumper, and her eyes were dark with make-up. She walked up to us with a large smile on her face.

"Taylor, you didn't tell me we were expecting guests!" She grinned, putting her hand out to Dylan, "You must be Dylan, right?"

"That's me name!" He laughed, shaking her hand. Kaya let out a laugh, and I could see a slight blush grow on her face.

"Beware of Dylan," Taylor smirked, "He can be a little bit cocky sometimes!"

"Oh, and like you aren't?" Dylan scoffed at Taylor, as Kaya introduced herself to Bella and I.

"And you must be, Thomas then?" Kaya said as we shook hands. Her eyes studied me carefully, and I suddenly found her more intimidating than Ben. If Kaya was Taylor's best friend from New York, then there was absolutely no doubt that she knew all about us two.

"Yeah," I smiled, "Taylor's told us a lot about you!"

"Same with you," Kaya gave me a small smile, and turned back to Taylor, "So, do they know all about Christmas?"

Two days later - 23rd December...

"Dylan!" I yelled down the hall, "Are you ready?"

"Gimme a second!" Was my reply. Sighing, I zipped up my suitcase and lugged it towards the front door.

"You alright, Tom?" Bella asked me from the kitchen, as she packed up some snacks.

"Yeah," I smiled, going to the kitchen and taking a seat at the breakfast bar, "I'd just wish Dylan would hurry up! We've gotta pick up Hannah and Ben on the way to Cornwall, and at this rate, we'll get there at night time!"

"Oh have a bit of faith," She said softly, wrapping her arms around my neck from behind me, "I'm sure Dylan will be ready soon!"

"Hey peeps! How's it going?" We heard Dylan say cheerfully from the hallway. Looking around to see him, my mouth opened slightly and I rose my eyebrows.

"Um, Dylan?" I asked; watching him as he went to the fridge and grabbed a juice.

"Yeah, Tommy," He grinned a cheesy grin at me.

"Um, why are you wearing your underwear on your head?" Dylan stopped in his tracks, put his hand to his head, then shrugged and continued pouring his drink.

"Taylor told me to!"

"Um, why?" Both Bella and I asked in unison.

"Usually, it's a custom to wear your underwear under your clothes, and not on your head!" Bella said slowly, looking at me as if to say 'Why the hell?'.

"Yeah, I know," Dylan rolled his eyes as if we were stupid, "But Taylor told me to do so, so that is what I'm doing!"

"Okay, why would Taylor tell you to put your underwear on your head?" I scoffed, "And not in your suitcase?"

"Duh, because my suitcase is full! So I asked Taylor what I should do, and she said that I might as well put them on my head!" Okay, my friend was officially nuts.

"Dylan," I sighed, running a hand through my hair at the same time as Bella, who face-palmed herself, "I think Taylor was joking when she said on your head!"

"Oh don't be stupid! This is Taylor we're talking about!" Dylan smirked. There was a sudden knock at the door and a grin grew on Dylan's face.

"Here, you can ask her yourself!" He said, eagerly running to the door. However, it wasn't Taylor who greeted Dylan at the door. It was Kaya. I swear, Dylan's jaw dropped when he saw her, and his hands instantly went up to his head.

"Um, why have you got underwear on your head?" Kaya asked slowly, looking terribly confused.

"Thomas dared me to!" Dylan instantly accused, pointing at me.

"I did not!" I laughed, "Apparently Taylor told him to!"

"Yeah, that would be something Taylor would say!" Kaya laughed, "I just wanted to check if you guys are ready? Taylor has got the kids now, and she's loading their stuff into the car."

"Yep, we're ready!" Bella said excitedly, grabbing her coat from the sofa, "We just need to wait for Dylan to put his underwear away, and we'll be off!"

"Okay, I'll see you downstairs then!" Kaya waved, before she walked away down the stairs.

"Well done, Dyl!" I laughed, as he shut the door and turned to us with a bright red blush forming on his cheeks, "I don't think you've managed to embarrass yourself as bad as that in front of a girl before!"

"Oh shut up!" Dylan groaned, heading back into the bedroom to grab his things.

"He likes her, doesn't he?" Bella giggled, pocketing her keys.

"Oh yeah!"

Down at the car...

"Hey Taylor!" I greeted her with a warm hug.

"Hey Thomas!" She beamed, turning her attention back to buckling up Teddy into his seat. He smiled shyly, and waved his Teddy's hand at me.

"Hey Teddy!" I waved, receiving a quiet giggle from him, "Are you excited for Christmas?"

"Yes!" The little boy cheered, "Santa's coming!"

"Not for another day, but yes he's coming!" Taylor laughed, finishing with Teddy's belt and closing the door, "Are you guys ready?"

"Yep!" I heard Bella behind me, dumping her suitcase into the boot of the car, "Dylan's just locking up!"

"Oh yeah, that reminds me," I said, "Did you tell Dylan to put his underwear on his head this morning?"

"As a joke!" Taylor scoffed, "He called me at seven this morning, when I was still asleep might I add, and said what should he do with his underwear. So I said, oh I don't know, put them on your head! Wait, he didn't actually do that did he?"

"Would we be having this conversation otherwise?" I chuckled.

"Please tell me you're joking?" She laughed.

"Nope, I saw him too! When I went to tell them we were ready to leave!" Kaya joined in the conversation, opening the front door, "Well he'd better hurry up, cause otherwise we're leaving him here!" Once Dylan had finally made his way down to the car, without his underwear on his head, and we'd picked up Hannah and Ben, we were on our way. Kaya was driving, Dylan and Taylor were sat next to her, Bella and I in the middle, and the kids in the back; and we were now in for another six hours of 'Are we there yet?' and 'I need the toilet!'. Bring it on.