Chapter 43 - Forgotten Memories

Taylor's P.O.V.
"What?" I practically screamed, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh bloody hell, Taylor," Ben growled, his voice on the verge of shouting, "I came up to surprise you last night. I'd been given time off work and I wanted to come see you. Only when I got to your flat, the door was open and there was loud music coming from the living room. So I walked into the hallway and that's when I saw the pair of you on your bed."

"Ben, that's impossible," I gasped, rapidly racking my brain for any memory of what had happened. There was no chance that I would have slept with Thomas. I just wouldn't have done it - and Bella was there too! Where was she when this supposedly went on?

"Oh yeah, I'm sure it is Taylor," Ben laughed sarcastically, "You two just so happened to be in your room when I walked in, is that what you're telling me? I saw what I saw, and after I screamed at the pair of you, I left."

"Ben, I swear to you that didn't happen!" I cried desperately, "I would never do that, and I know I would remember if something like that had happened!"

"I SAW YOU, TAYLOR!" Ben fully yelled down the phone, "I SAW IT HAPPEN! DON'T DENY IT! I KNEW YOU WERE ALREADY DRUNK, BUT YOU MUST HAVE BEEN DRUNK TO YOUR EYEBALLS IF YOU DON'T REMEMBER IT!"

"Ben, I would have never done that! I swear to you!" I meant it. There was absolutely no chance that I did that, and Thomas wouldn't have done either. However, even as I pleaded for Ben to believe me, there was a part of me that vaguely remembered the pair of us going into my room for something...

"Taylor, I don't want to talk to you," Ben said bluntly after I had broken down completely, "You've broken my trust and love, and I hate you. There is no way I am marrying you after this." The line went dead, and I was left sat on the end of my bed in silence. No. No this couldn't have happened. Furiously wiping the angry tears from my face, I left my bedroom and headed for the sounds of Kaya's and Dylan's voices.

"What happened? What's-" Kaya began, but I quickly cut her off.

"Guys, can you remember anything else as to what happened last night?" I asked sternly, looking between the pair of them, "I really need to know now, before I go over to Ben's hotel and tell him that he's wrong."

"Um, I remember when Thomas and Bella arrived we decided to play 'Mummies' and dress people up in toilet paper," Dylan nodded to the floor, "Hence why your kitchen now looks like an Andrex commercial."

"Oh yeah, I wondered where this had all come from," Kaya said quietly, looking down at the mess, "And then we decided to play Twister, and we played bets as to who we thought would win. I remember you losing quite a few, Taylor, although I think you were quite tipsy by then."

"No no no," I groaned, burying my head in my hands, "Okay, and what else happened?"

"Not much to be honest. We were all very tipsy or drunk at this point," Dylan drummed his fingers on the table as he thought, "Everything else seems to be a little bit fuzzy. Although I do remember something to do with Bella, and she decided to go home early."

"Oh yeah!" Kaya suddenly perked up, "I remember she felt ill, and said that she was going to go downstairs. I seem to remember Thomas saying that he would go with her, but she just wanted to go to sleep on her own. So she left."

"Oh, bloody brilliant," I sighed, running a shaky hand through my hair, "Guys, at any point in time were Thomas and I left alone?"

"Well that's a weird question," Dylan wiggled his eyebrows at me, but I shot him a glare, "Um no, not that I remember. Although, there was a moment I think when you hurt your ankle or something playing Twister, and he took you into your room to take a look at it."

"Wait, Taylor, why are you asking us all this now?" Kaya asked, concern lacing her voice, "I could hear you shouting on the phone earlier - what's wrong?" I looked at Kaya with pained eyes for a second, and took a shaky breath. This was not going to be a fun story to tell.

"Last night, Ben messaged me to say that he was coming over to spend New Year's Eve with me. Of course, I didn't know, and he turned up without anybody else knowing." I paused for a moment in order to collect together my thoughts. Even now, as I thought back over this story, it just seemed so unlike me or Thomas to have happened. Okay, we may have been a bit drunk, but there was no way, absolutely no way that-

"Taylor, go on," Kaya nudged me, interrupting my thoughts. I glared sharply at her and mentally slapped her around the face.

"When Ben arrived here, the door was already open so he let himself in; and apparently when he passed my room, he looked in and saw both Thomas and I together." I looked up from my hands at Dylan and Kaya, and they just looked confused.

"What's wrong with him just seeing you two together?" Dylan pushed, "He knows you're just friends."

"No, Dylan," I sighed (it was normally Dylan who would pick up on these things the quickest), "There's more to it than that." I rose my eyebrows at him and nodded, and the expression of confusion on Dylan's face instantly turned to shock.

"What? No way! There's absolutely no way that you would do that! No matter how drunk!" He argued, putting his mug down on the table. It made a loud ringing sound that echoed throughout the kitchen, and Kaya shot him a pained look as if to say 'You make another loud noise like that, and I'm gonna rip your head off!'. I kept forgetting that we all had hangovers.

"Wait a minute," Kaya started, turning her attention back to me, "Are you telling me that Ben saw you and-"

"Yes, we don't need the details Kaya!" I exclaimed, holding a hand up, "But that's what he said he saw."

"But that's impossible!" She burst, "You weren't even that drunk to have done that, Tay! Plus, I don't even remember Ben showing up last night."

"Well he must have done if he knew Thomas and I went into my room," I pondered the thought for a moment, "He said that he screamed at the pair of us and then just left."

"Yeah, but that's impossible!" Kaya cried, "It didn't happen! You weren't even gone that long and then you came back into the living room."

"But he told me he saw it!" I threw up my hands, "What am I supposed to do? If it did happen, then there is no way Ben is going to forgive me for it! He already hates me!"

"Well you know that there are two versions to this story," Dylan spoke up, watching me carefully, "Thomas'."