Chapter 11 - New Home

Taylor's P.O.V.
I spent that morning with Sydney and the kids. Sam had gone off to work, and seeing as it was a Sunday, Mia and Teddy didn't have school. We sat at the dining table, scoffing our faces with waffles, strawberries, chocolate sauce and chocolate chips, and I listened to the kids, as they talked about school.

"My favourite subject is English!" Mia explained, "I've asked if I can write for the weekly newsletter."

"Oh that's fantastic!" I beamed, poking my fork into my waffle, "Maybe one day you could come with me to the newspaper?"

"Ohh can I can I can I?" Mia begged her mum, who burst into laughter.

"That's fine by me, darling," She smiled, turning her head to Teddy, "And what's your favourite subject at the moment?"

"Ummm, maths," Teddy answered with a mouthful of waffle.

"Eww Teddy," Mia said disgusted, "Swallow your food before you speak!" Sydney and I laughed as Mia gave instructions to Teddy. I could tell that she was going to be a great mum, just by looking at her now. Sydney's raised them well.

"Well kids, before we talk about anything else," Sydney said, hushing Mia and Teddy, "Mummy has something she needs to tell you." Sydney gave me a quick wink, and a large smile spread across my face.

"What? What?" Teddy asked hurriedly.

"Oh do tell us, mummy!" Mia whined, "What is it?"

"Well," Sydney began, pausing for a moment to build up the children's excitement, "How would you two feel about a baby brother or sister?" Mia cheered with glee, and Teddy looked excited.

"Yes yes yes!" Mia cried, jumping up and giving her mum a hug.

"Where do we get a baby from?" Teddy asked curiously. Sydney and I exchanged glances and I couldn't help but grin.

"Well, it won't get here for a while, but the baby will come to us," Sydney explained.

"Ohhhh okay then," Teddy nodded, and went back to eating his breakfast. Bless him, he was so adorable!

After breakfast, I packed up my stuff and said goodbye to my sister and the kids. Mia and Teddy were sad to see me leave, but I promised them that I'd come see them again soon. So I waved goodbye to the three of them at the door, and headed out onto the street. I had previously called a taxi, so one was waiting for me on the road. Thank god I didn't have to wait out in the cold again! The drive from Sydney's to my apartment was fairly long, seeing as the apartment was almost in the centre of London, so I spent the time writing up a to-do list on my phone. Seeing as my furniture was currently in storage, and I had organised for a van to drop it off in a few hours, I decided to first of all, drop off my bags, check the place out, and then head out to do some shopping. I could only stand a few hours without food, so food shopping was high on my to-do list.
"Ur miss?" The taxi driver tapped on the glass window behind his seat, "We're here." Excited, I hopped out of the car and paid him for the drive. Picking my suitcase up in one hand, and my bag up in the other, I looked up at the building of apartments.

Wait a second. I fished around in my bag and found the piece of paper that Mr Thornton had given me with the address of my new flat on it. I looked from the piece of paper, to the building, and then back to the piece of paper.

"No no no no," I groaned, squinting as I looked up again. The building was fairly modern; made from sandy coloured bricks, with large white windows. The roof was of grey tiles, and some of the walls were made out of long white beams. But I had remembered that all too well. This was where I'd lived three years ago. This was where Thomas lived.