Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve

Taylor's P.O.V.
Once we'd all dried off and put on some warm clothes, we gathered in the kitchen for breakfast. Whilst Dylan and Thomas were in charge of the pancakes (both wearing ridiculous 'Kiss the Chef' aprons), the kids begged us three girls to play Twister with them. Yes, Twister. Not exactly my all-time favourite game in the world, for reasons which I will never reveal to anybody in my life. But it was fun, to be fair. Kaya and the kids went first - five people on one tiny Twister mat is pretty hilarious to witness. Within minutes, both Hannah and Teddy were down, and Mia went soon after. That had just left Kaya and Ben. But, being Kaya, she slipped on the mat as she had stretched out her foot to a green circle, and went tumbling down with a thud. Of course, that had left Ben to jump up and down, screaming out his victory for the entire world to hear. Dylan ran up to the little guy and high-fived him for winning, and that caused a great big grin to grow on Ben's little face. He was so adorable.

After one more game, in which Mia beat Bella at a final showdown, it was time for pancakes. I swear, I've never seen so many pancakes before in my life.

"Are you trying to give us diabetes or something?" I laughed at Dylan and Thomas, as they piled pancakes onto our plates.

"No, why would you think that?" Thomas grinned, dropping the frying pan in the sink, "And where's your sense of gratitude? Don't we get a reward for cooking you all a magnificent breakfast?"

"No," I groaned, hurriedly trying to swallow the wad of pancake that I had stuffed in my mouth, "Because you two attacked me out there, so this is just justice!"

"Oh come on, you asked for it!" Dylan smirked, digging into his own pancake mountain, "And Thomas is right! We should receive a reward!"

"Like what?" Kaya asked, wiping syrup from her lip. A smirk played on Dylan's face and he pointed at his 'Kiss the Chef' apron.

"Can't you girls read?" He grinned, looking between us three.

"I can!" Mia cried from beside me. We all laughed at how cute she was.

"Yes honey, but Dylan is hinting that someone gives him a kiss for cooking us pancakes!" I laughed, ruffling Mia's hair with my hand.

"Ew no!" She exclaimed, scrunching up her face, "These pancakes are good, Dylan, but I'm not going to kiss you!" We all burst into laughter at the look of disappointment on Dylan's face.

"Well I'll give you a kiss!" Bella grinned, leaning forward and planting a kiss on Thomas' lips.

"Thanks, hun," Thomas said gently as they pulled apart.

"See now why don't I get that?" Dylan burst, interrupting their cute little moment. As Thomas sighed and started explaining to Dylan that in fact, he needed a girlfriend in order for him to get a kiss, I looked up at Kaya and winked. A smirk grew on her lips, and she nodded before hopping off her stool. I did the same, and as Dylan was distracted, the pair of us walked either side of his stool and kissed him on the cheek. Thomas and Bella cried with laughter, and Dylan's face went bright red as we pulled away. It took all my self-control not to explode with laughter.

"The pancakes are amazing, thank you Dylan!" I said softly, hiding the smirk that was bound to replace my smile any minute.

"Yes, they are!" Kaya joined in, running a hand through his hair, "Well done!" Dylan's face was crimson now, and he didn't know where to look. He looked back and forth between me and Kaya, and then turned back to Thomas. He gave him a weird look, as if to say 'What the hell is going on?', and Thomas chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"You asked for it, Dyl!" He laughed. Thomas made eye contact with me, and gave me the look that I knew meant 'Are you being serious?'. That was it for me. Tears streamed from my eyes as I laughed, and Kaya had to clutch her stomach as she was laughing that hard.