Chapter 48 - Look At The Facts

Kaya's P.O.V.
"Come on Taylor," I sighed through gritted teeth, "Where the hell are you?"

"Quit your worrying," Dylan smirked as he began flicking through the channels on the television, "Taylor's a grown girl. She can walk home safely on her own."

"I'm just worried about her," I said quietly, picking up the cushion beside me and throwing it at Dylan's face, "She's been out for a while now. Plus, you saw what a mess she was in earlier."

"I guess you're right," He set down the remote and turned to face me, "Come to think of it, I actually don't remember Ben showing up last night. I mean, Taylor said that he had screamed at her before storming out. Surely we weren't that drunk that we wouldn't have heard him scream?"

"Hm, that's true," I said thoughtfully, running a hand through my hair, "We would have heard him if he'd had come in, and also, Taylor would have said something to us. Or run out after Ben at least."

"Exactly!" Dylan hit the arm of the sofa with his palm, "I'm telling you that something isn't quite right about this whole thing." Just as he finished, I heard a loud slam erupt from the floor beneath us. I looked startled at Dylan, who frowned and craned his neck so he could see the front door.

"Sounded like that had come from Thomas' flat," He squinted his eyes for a moment, and then suddenly shot a panicked look at me.

"Oh no!" I was up and out of the chair before Dylan could reply, and I raced for the door. Literally just as I put my hand down on the handle, the door flew open in my face.

"Whoa!" Dylan pulled me back so it missed making a connection with my face and I stumbled into him. Forgetting to thank him, I looked up to see who had pushed the door open. It was Taylor.

"Oh my God, Taylor!" We both cried, when we saw the state she was in. Her hair was matted, as if she'd been constantly knotting it with her hands. Eyeliner streamed down her cheeks, which were visibly wet from the tears that still pooled in her eyes. They looked bloodshot and sore, but that wasn't the worst of it. Blood covered both her nose and her top lip, and I rushed forward.

"What happened?" I demanded, cupping her face in my hands to get a better look at her condition, "Oh my God, Taylor who did this?" Not waiting for a reply, I pulled her further into the hallway and nodded for Dylan to close the front door. He closed it hurriedly and came to stand next to me as Taylor pressed her back to the wall.

"Taylor, what happened?" I asked sternly, "Please tell me what happened?"

"T-Thomas," She stuttered, bringing her hands up to her tear-soaked face.

"What? He did this to you?" Anger flared up inside of me and I instantly let go of Taylor and marched towards the door.

"No no, wait!" Taylor begged, grabbing my arm and pulling me back, "It's not what you think!"

"What, Thomas didn't do this to you?" Dylan said, placing a hand on my shoulder to stop me from resisting Taylor's grip.

"No, you don't understand," She sobbed, tugging furiously at my sleeve. I gave in, and stopped resisting her.

"Okay, Taylor tell me what happened," I said slowly, putting my hands on her arms. She looked at me with pained eyes and it brought me back to the moment when she'd found out what had happened to her sister.

"I-it was all a lie," She whimpered, leaning forward and pressing her forehead to my shoulder.

"What was all a lie?" I said gently, rubbing her back in an effort to calm her down. I shot a panic stricken look at Dylan and he just looked as worried as I felt.