Chapter 18 - Mind Games

Taylor's P.O.V.
"Oh my god, yes! Yes!" I cried, throwing my arms around him. Cheers erupted around us and numerous people clapped as they watched Ben slide the ring onto my finger. I gasped at it, holding my hand closer to my eyes so I could get a better look. It was a slim, silver ring, with small diamonds encrusted along its rim. It wasn't too flashy, which I liked, and it was just perfect!

"Ben it's beautiful!" I breathed, looking up at his beaming face, "It's absolutely perfect!" I pulled Ben down to my height and pressed my lips to his. He smiled in the kiss, and I couldn't help but laugh with happiness. This just all felt so right, and I couldn't believe I was now engaged to Ben! It was all so sudden!

"Wait a minute, how did you know I'd come to see you?" I asked Ben, as he led me by the hand to his hotel room, "So you could propose to me?"

"Well, the truth is I'd been wanting to propose to you for months, Taylor," Ben admitted, opening the door to his room, "That's why I've been working late at work, so I could get enough money for the ring I wanted to get you." My insides melted. That explains why he'd been out late! He wasn't cheating on me at all!

"Oh Ben, you romantic you," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck as he shut the door behind us.

"Only the best for you," He grinned, bending down and brushing his nose against mine. I giggled and wrinkled my nose up.

"That tickles!"

"Well then what about this?" He smirked, before placing his hand under my shoulder blades and pulling me closer towards him, his lips crashing onto mine. My hands moved up to his hair as we kissed, our lips moving slowly together as we did. A couple times I would tease Ben, and pull away from the kiss, but he would just groan and pull me back to him. After our little 'session', we finally pulled apart for breath. I rested my head against his chest, and he placed his forehead on my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much," I said quietly, not wanting to let go of him.

"I've missed you too," He replied.

The next day...

"Morning Dylan!" I grinned, ruffling his hair as I walked past him.

"Hey!" He cried, putting his hands up and fixing his messy hair, "Do you have any idea how long it takes to get this hot look?"

"I'd hardly call it hot!" I laughed as I dumped my bag on the floor. A large pile of papers had been stacked next to my computer, and I mentally screamed at the sight of them.

"Oooh you got told!" Thomas smirked at Dylan as he approached us, "Morning love! How'd it go with Ben last night? I didn't see you come home last night."

"Oh sorry mum," I rolled my eyes, receiving a laugh from Dylan, "Yes, it went very well thank you! And no, I didn't come home last night."

"Oh really?" Dylan smirked, shooting Thomas a wink, who just chuckled, "Anything happen?"

"Hm, I guess you could say that," I said distantly, a smirk tugging at my lips as I began typing away at my computer. I could feel both Dylan's and Thomas' eyes burning into me as they stared. Hiding my smile, I turned back to them and looked innocent.

"What?"

"Are you telling me what I think you're telling me?" Dylan asked with raised eyebrows. I knew what he was hinting at, and the longer I kept them assuming things, the more fun I'd have.

"Maybe," I smiled sweetly, looking back at my computer. I could hardly keep myself from laughing at the look of shock on their faces.

"Oh stop playing mind games with us, Taylor!" Dylan whined, tugging at my arm, "What did you do?"

"Ur, nothing much actually. Just that we got engaged!" I exclaimed excitedly, holding out my hand so they could see the ring. Okay, maybe my plan to keep them guessing things for as long as I could, went a little off point. Oh well.

"Oh Taylor congratulations!" Both the boys cheered, jumping up from their seats to give me hugs. I tried to contain myself, but I was just too happy. The beam on my face was too big to hide.

"It's gorgeous!" Dylan said, looking at my ring, "For a gorgeous girl, I might add!"

"Well, I do try my best!" I laughed, flicking my hair over my shoulder.

"For a not so modest girl," Thomas laughed with an eyebrow raised, "Congratulations though, love! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks Sangster," I smiled, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some work that I need to be getting on with!"

"I honestly did not see that coming!" Dylan said, flicking through numerous photographs on his desk, "I honestly thought you were going to say something else." I shot him a look, and he just smirked at me.

"Oh you sick weirdo!" I sighed. By lunchtime, practically everybody in the building knew I was engaged. People kept coming up to me to inspect the ring, and almost all the girls squealed when they saw it. When I was younger, I never understood how girls got so excited over a simple ring, but now that I was engaged, I completely understood it! It still hadn't fully dawned on me that I was now engaged to be married! Last night, after numerous kissing sessions, I told Ben about my new job in London. He was so excited for me, and that of course led to more kissing. I'd called my sister and Kaya to tell them the news, and it must have taken me at least an hour to regain hearing in my right ear. The screaming and squealing had been deafening! Kaya had declared that she must come to London as soon as she could to see it, and Sydney had invited both me and Ben to dinner one night. It was all so exciting.

"So when do I get to meet this Prince Charming then?" Thomas asked me that evening, when we'd finished work.

"Yeah, and what about that coffee you promised me?" Dylan piped up, throwing me a puppy-eye look. Thomas and I burst into laughter, and I quickly pulled out my phone to capture the moment.

"Oh that is sooooo your new profile picture!" I smirked, going to Dylan's contact on my phone, "And how about the three of us go out for coffee now? Ben's coming up for dinner tonight, so he can see my place and stuff, so if you want you'd be more than welcome to pop in and say hi?"

"Sounds like a plan!" Dylan grinned, "But dude, that means I'm staying at yours tonight - I am not getting a bus with all the old ladies to see this guy!"

"Oh please no!" Thomas groaned, looking in my direction, "Taylor, the last time he was at mine, he attacked me with cushions and ran around the place in his underwear!"

"Good Dylan!" I laughed, patting him on the head, "Just so long as you don't run around my place in your underwear!"

"Ohhhh! But I wanted to make a good first impression!" Dylan whined.

"Well it would definitely be a very unique first impression," I commented, looking from Dylan to Thomas, "So, sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good," Thomas smiled, picking his phone up from the desk, "And I know the best coffee shop in town where we can get a good deal."

"Well let's go with that, because I love coffee, and when it means I don't have to pay as much, I'm there!" Dylan laughed, pushing Thomas in the direction of the door, "Lead the way, coffee man."

"You sound just like my friend Kaya!" I said to him as I followed the pair of them down the long line of desks.

"Yeah yeah yeah!" Dylan waved a hand at me, "Coffee - let's go!"