Chapter 42 - A Turn of Events

Taylor's P.O.V.
"Well why's that such a shocker for you?" Kaya asked, tilting her head to look at me, "The guy should have been here with you last night, seeing as it's bloody New Year's Eve, so surely it's a good thing that he at least tried to call you?"

"Morning," Dylan interrupted us as he walked into the kitchen, "Oooh, you made coffee!" With my phone pressed to my ear, I looked up and watched as Dylan picked up the wrong mug and brought the drink to his lips.

"Ew!" He coughed, spitting the drink out, "Urgh, how much sugar did you put in this, Taylor? It's bloody disgusting!"

"Hey, that was meant to be mine!" Kaya whinged, "And now you've spat in it! Please tell me that you didn't eat my chocolate biscuit too?"

"Ooh, you have biscuits?"

"Guys, quiet!" I fanned my hands in Kaya's face to get their attention. I was trying desperately to listen to the voicemail Ben had left me, but it was all muffled.

"What's up with her?" I saw Dylan mouth to Kaya, who just shrugged. They both watched me with confused expressions as I brought the phone away from my ear.

"I couldn't hear anything. It was all muffled," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I could hear that Ben was shouting, but his words were all over the place. There was something loud in the background, and I could only make out two words that I'd picked up on. 'Thomas' and 'over'.

"Um, guys was Thomas here last night?" I asked slowly, flicking through my phone again to open up my texts.

"Yeah, you know he was," Dylan replied, popping two tablets into his mouth, "Him and Bella. Why?"

"Ur," Was all I could manage. I watched in horror as the messages suddenly began flooding into my phone.

Ben - Hey babe, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. But I'm gonna make it up - I'm coming to see you! I got some time off work, and they've set me up in that same hotel where I proposed to you xxxxxxx

Ben - Train got here earlier than I'd expected - see you soon xxxxxxx

Ben - Are you even in?

Ben - Just parking...get the champagne ready xxxxxx

But then things took a turn...

Ben - I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU, YOU LYING, SLEEP-AROUND OF A DOG!

Ben - HOW DARE YOU? AND AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR YOU!

Ben - I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! ALL THAT GUY WANTED WAS YOU ALL TO HIMSELF!

Ben - YOU SELFISH, CRUEL-

I caught my breathing and raised a hand to my mouth. What on earth was Ben talking about?

"Taylor, are you okay?" I felt Kaya and Dylan watching me, and I turned round in my seat to face them.

"Um, guys, what exactly happened last night?" I asked them slowly, feeling tears prick my eyes. What was Ben talking about? And what did he mean when he said 'All that guy wanted was you all to himself?'.

"Ur, I came over at about seven, and Thomas and Bella came up about eight," Dylan said thoughtfully, "We played a few games, had a few drinks, and then watched the fireworks."

"Okay, and then what?"

"Um, I can't really remember," Dylan scratched his head, "I think we all had a little too much to drink. Why?"

"Taylor, what's up?" Kaya asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know. Just give me a second," Hopping down from my stool, I jogged into my room and shut the door behind me. I brought up Ben's contact and hit 'ring' on his number. It wasn't long before Ben picked up.

"You have got a lot of nerve calling me," He growled warningly, "What do you want?"

"Uh, to know what happened last night!" I said loudly in return, "What was with all those messages you sent?"

"Oh give the act up already, Taylor!" He yelled down the phone, "You know what you did as much as I know what you did!"

"No I don't! I can't remember anything from last night!"

"Oh yeah, sure!" Ben said sarcastically.

"What. Did. I. Do?" I cried frustratedly, "Just tell me what I did!"

"YOU SLEPT WITH THOMAS!"