Chapter 6: Sean's Half- It's Official...

Comic con starts tomorrow, excitement runs through my veins and thoughts as I jump out of bed, strip from all my clothing and took a shower. I ran my hand through my green dyed hair, and I washed my hair and my body. I got out of the shower, drying my skin and hair before applying deodorant and getting some clothes on. I grabbed a backpack that had Septic Sam and some JSE merchindise to give to fans.
I had decided to give Sadie a Sam plus his just because. She seemed cool enough. We decided to meet up at a coffee shop, where she was waiting for me. She had had her ferret on a leash next to her, where it calmly sat. She had on an unofficial military hat that was black, gray, and white, which was backwards. She had on a black t-shirt with her logo on the front, black skinny jeans, and a neon green backpack. She was sipping from a green straw that came from a magenta colored cup that had been outlined in purple.
I went to the counter and bought a latte. I sipped and enjoyed the great taste of chocolate and coffee.
We began walking towards Mark's place, "so what'd you get?
She looked up at me. Her ferret was casually looking from her small pocket in the backpack, "just diet Pepsi wildcherry flavored."
"Sweet, " I held up the coffee, "coffee. So do you have a region that you follow that forbids you from drinking coffee?"
"Yes, but no. Even if I didn't, I don't like coffee. I tried some when I was younger." She explains
I argue, "here, try some now. You do know taste buds change?"
She considered this, "ok, but only if you try my soda drink too?"
I decided to accept, "fine, but you first!"
We get in front of Mark's house and we stop. I hold out my coffee for Sadie to try. She leans in and connects her lips to the straw and sucks the coffee out of the cup.
She shrugs, "well, guess your right about taste buds changing. That was pretty good."
She grins ironically. I don't know if I should be intrigued or cautious. She holds out her cup, the straw facing my direction. I protrude my lips and connect them to the straw, I feel heat comes to my cheeks as I feel her gaze, as I drink some of her pop. The cherry taste fills my taste buds with joy.
"Hm. That's pretty damn good stuff." I say as Mark stands there, open mouthed. He grins, the most demonic thoughts are probably flooding his mind. Realizing he was there, my cheeks start flaring up with color from embarrassment, "it's not what you think, Mark!"
No response.
He just gives me a look that says, oh yeah, Sean. Say that all you want... I know what I saw...
I was getting a bit impatient and things were getting a bit awkward, "can we go to comic con or what?"
Mark knew what I was doing, "oh, yeah, well we have some time to get to Oregon!"
But Sadie seemed to know how I was feeling and she said, "well, actually I was hoping to show you guys where I grew up, thought it would be fun to remember old memories."
Mark was surprised, "oh, an Oregonian I see? Well, in that case, let's get a move on!"
He unlocked his car and hopped into the driver's seat, while he insisted that the ferret sit up front. He was secretly afraid of big rodents, so I knew this was an excuse to get us close to each other. Not that minded... what the f*ck brain? I thought as I scooted to my side of the car seats.
She bent her head down to get inside, and when she sat down her hand brushed up against mine. my instinct made me pull away. She immediately blushed, pulling her hand away and held it. "Sorry Sean, I didn't mean to--"
I interrupted, "no, its okay." I decided to add, "it was just an accident."
I looked into her gorgeous gold and brown eyes and she looked into my icy blue ones. I felt that our souls clicked, but it only lasted a second before she looked at the window nervously. She still had her hand clutched within the other. When she brushed her hand against mine, I felt a spark fly. I just wished it would of lasted... Damnit brain! Stop being a complete douche! You don't even know her last name or age!
By that time we were almost at the hotel we made reservations to. We were in Oregon, close to our desired location but everyone was pretty exhausted, plus it was late and getting dangerous to drive. I personally thought we could of driven longer, but Mark didn't. We entered our rooms. Mark and I had a room with two king sized beds and was a joined room with Sadie's. Of course a door decided the two rooms.
Sadie changed into more comfortable clothes and knocked, "no one's nude!" I yelled, feeling weird as I said it.
I heard her giggle that made me smile. Mark raised an eyebrow but I ignored him. "Hey Sadie? I need to talk to you." I glanced over to Mark and added, "alone."
She was confused and Mark raised his eyebrows higher, expecting the worst. But she looked at me with trusting eyes. She let me enter her room.
I closed the door and put the backpack on the bed and opened it. When she tried to peek I moved to the other side.
"Ooh... surprises!" She said excitedly, "I'll close my eyes." She covered her face with her hands.
I grabbed the septic eye I brought home to give to her. I put a little ribbon on top to make it seem more like a gift, and pulled it out and fixed the small flat cap hat with the ribbon on it and moved behind her. I placed my arms onto her shoulders and allowed Sam to be in front of her eyes once she opened them.
"Okay, look." My voice had an excited tone to it.
She moved her hands away and saw it. She gingerly placed her hands underneath the Sam. I moved in front of her to see her face.
She was grinning ear to ear. "So? Do you like it?"
She was silent, still in awe. Maybe she hates it... "I love it, Sean!"
She instantly jumped into my arms, at first I was surprised. But I embraced it and soon after she did she pulled away, blushing like a ripe tomato. "Sorry. Habit."
I walked close to her and stroked her face with the back of my hand, "no, it's okay..."
She held my hand that was on her face for a bit before removing it.
"Thanks for the septic Sam. I never could get one. I really like it." She said, nervously pulling a strand of hair from her face. Then a sudden jerking movement of her head she said, "oh, I almost forgot! Close your eyes..."
I did so, after a few moments I felt her body come close to mine, her arms pressed against my shoulders. I smiled at the thought of her body in contact with mine. Heat come off her as she did the short, small action.
"Okay, look." She commanded.
I obeyed, opening them slowly and in front of me was a t-shirt that had her logo on the back and a small version of the ferret she had with her now. The only reason she was allowed to keep it with her was because the manager was a fan of her and I. I didn't tell her, but the manager asked for a picture and afterwards he said, "I ship it." And the manager left so I had no time to react.
I reached up and took hold of the two items, "come on? How did you know this would fit?" I asked, looking at the shirt size.
She replied, "well, I am pretty good with numbers and I did design these shirts by hand by myself, and I had a guy friend model so I could have ideas on on to design it. "
I was a bit alarmed and she read my facial expression, "don't worry, he only had his shirt off and he was gay, so nothing exciting happened."
I was a bit relieved, but I shouldn't be, I mean, if this guy was straight and she had checked him out it shouldn't bother me, right? Maybe what the manager said was going to my head, as if to think that would ever happen, this girl was probably like, 19 for all I knew.
We got to our Oregon destination in two hours, the ferret taking the front seat once again. After we checked into the hotel we got a major upgrade for a major discounted price. The cashier told the manager of the place that we were here, apparently she was a big fan of all three of us, along with the cashier.
We went into our three king bed bedroom. We made ourselves feel at home until Sadie said she wanted to show us her childhood home. Mark said he was too tired but knew this was an excuse to get us alone. I rolled my eyes, getting a bit tired of his antics, but kind of relieved that I could be alone with her and learn some of her history and hopefully get to know a few secrets that the internet doesn't have yet about me.
"I need to drive there, it will take us twenty-five minutes." She said, trying to get Mark to come but he just threw his keys at her, which she caught in-flight.
"Then you'd better get going." He said, turning the other way. He never let anyone drive his car or touch his keys even.
She shrugged and she motioned me to follow. Oh well. Might as well accept this once in a lifetime chance to see someone other than Mark drive his small black car.
Like she said, twenty-five minutes later and she driver in front of a small worn down blue house. She got out, so did I.
She sighed, probably having flashbacks so I waited for her to speak. "This is it! It's not much now, but when my sister and my mom--"
She choked after she said mom. I looked at her, she was crying a bit. I pulled her into my body and hugged her tight. I don't know what my brain was thinking, but this time, I didn't care. She wrapped her arms around my waist. After about five minutes she recover. "If you don't mind me asking-- how did your mom pass on? You don't have to answer until your ready."
She sniffed, we were sitting inside the house on her old bed. After one more moment she decided to tell me. "I was sixteen. She passed away because our house caught flame, she was getting us out first. She saved us, but she couldn't save herself too. " She looked up as if into heaven, "we got out threw the front door and I held my hand out to help her out. But when I looked into her eyes, I knew that she believed this was her time. She yelled I love you, and those were the last words my mom said to me before a part of the ceiling crushed her. I yelled I love you before she was crushed."
A tear ran down her face and I wiped it away. But she wasn't done, "the firefighters, ambulances, and cops got there moments after my mom died in front of me. I was down by her side, crying my heart out. But the firefighters pulled me away and pulled her out. The paramedics checked her pulse but I already had. I would of done CPR if she hadn't had a wooden beam to heavy for someone to lift. My sister wasn't there because I told her to run to our neighbor's house. But I wanted to help my mom before leaving. I'm both glad and happy I stayed. My mom didn't have to die alone."
That was deep. I stroked her head, she stayed there, listening to my steady heartbeat. She continued still, "after the funeral that was paid by the state, the firefighters saw evidence that this fire was no accident. The cops did an investigation and arrested the culprit for second degree murder as well as two cases of attempted murder. I was allowed to see him eye to eye, but only once and once was all I needed. I felt no sympathy for this man being put into the chair and I looked him in the eye. Told him who I was and showed him a picture of the last picture of my family until he burned it apart. He said very offensive things including, "that mother f*cker deserved to die!" Which made me get pissed off the most ever in my life. I attacked him, strategically placing each strong punch breaking his jaw and dislocated his knee. I had let all my emotion through my fists. He even cried for mercy, but I didn't stop, that is until officers had to pull me into a one-way window where watched him die, and he died slowly and painfully.
Afterwards, my life changed for a while, no videos being uploaded, I was sinking into minor depression. Family helped support my sister and I until I signed up at seventeen to be considered an adult. At that time, it was accepted as well as support with slightly lowered taxes. I didn't need to pay for the house, nothing worked. My sister kind of became my daughter at least until we each became 19. We seperated, and visit, but we had to leave this place behind. I moved to LA to expand my youtube career, which happened. That's when happiness started coming back into my life, and I eventually posted that video for the contest. And... here I am, sitting next to one of my inspirational idols." She laughed, finally enjoying herself.
I stood up and held my hand out to help her up. She accepted. This time I drove the car, with the navigation skills from Sadie's instructions. We got pack to the hotel later in the afternoon. Exhausted we both fell to our beds and slept. My dreams were haunted by an angle with headphones, a computer, and a youtube channel. I think it's official...