Chapter 9: Sadie's Half- Payback Plans

Considering Sean gave me a surprise on stage, I considered that it was my turn. But what would equal that kind of surprise? After seeing Sean without a shirt on out on the balcony, I don't even know now. I hoped that he didn't see my face when I started at his hot body. I felt really embarrassed after he asked to put one on, but even more after I told him not to. What the hell is wrong with me? He would never fall for someone like you, plus he has other things to do than find someone worth being more than a friend.
I had fallen asleep on the balcony, leaning on the side. When I woke up, I honestly thought I had died and was looking down to earth. But I realized that I was just on the balcony. I looked over to Sean's balcony, he had fallen asleep there too. I went inside my room, leaving the balcony doors open. I went into the room and selected a similar outfit from yesterday. I only had a few hours to come up with something. My eyes went to the small septic eye plus his Sean gave me. My heart fluttered as I gently picked up the green eyeball. I threw it onto the bed when something flew out. I squinted confusingly at it and walked over. It was a small piece of paper. I opened it carefully. In neat and carefully written handwriting, was a letter, to me! From Sean!
It read: Top of the mornin, Sadie! I hope that you find this, I put it into Sammy's hat at comic con yesterday. I never would think you would believe me, but I think that I just might, I have formed a little crush on you... I know it's weird and I understand if you don't like a guy like me. But I thought you deserve to know how I think of you. So... there you go. ~Sean
My heart skipped a beat as I slid down the edge of the bed and held the letter to my heart. I read through it again, as if to make sure the fan girl in me wasnt playing tricks on me. Sure enough, it was real.
I thought for a bit and decided it would be cruel if I told him I did have feeling for Sean, but maybe in a subtle way... then the idea came to me. A romance game. I scrounged through my game filled with videogames I though I could play. Then I found a pretty decent romantic game that i had found. This could give Sean the idea that I got the not and feel the same way.
This game I made myself and you could design your own love story. I got out my travel computer and put the CD in the slot. I decided to act quickly because I didn't know when Mark or Sean would wake up. Probably soon, because based on the times they upload their videos, it was soon. Making so many games by scratch, this was no problem with coding and I was done in under three minutes. I saved the codes and got the CD to eject. I put the disk back into the sleeve and put it inside my pocket and walked back outside to the balcony. I heard something stir.
I looked to my left and saw Sean move, obviously in an uncomfortable position. Every cell in my brain urged me to go over there and position him into a more comfortable position, but the logical side of my brain new better. For all I knew, Mark was naked in the other room. The thought of this disgusted me. I shook it away.
I heard him yawn, and his arms were stretched towards the sky, letting me get a clear view of his muscular chest and abs. I felt my cheeks warm up so I abruptly left, the sound of my shoes on metal was loud. "Sadie? Your up already?"
Shit. "Yeah, for a while." I stepped back out, facing a little off angle hoping it would prevent my most likely blushing face.
I heard him stood, "well, I'm going to get dressed and we can get this day started."
"Ok, see you in a few minutes." I went inside as he did and sighed a breath of relief.
I gathered up the room key and walked out the door. I put my hands into my neon green hoodie and wrapped my fingers around the videogame disk. Soon. I thought. My heart fluttered when I saw Jack exit his own room.
"Hey Sean. Where's Mark?"
"Oh, he said he was going to take a while. So I thought we could explore the streets a bit." His Irish accent a bit more present.
"Alright. Sound good." In my right pocket I had Septic Sam. It was tightly packed inside so I put Sammy into my hood, moved onto the right side of my neck.
Sean smiled, "so Sammy boy's coming too?" Sean walked on the right side of me, so he leaned forward as we walked out of the hotel to look Sam in the eye.
We stopped at the sidewalk. "So, where to now?" I ask
"You said you know Oregon." Jack said, putting his hands up defensively.
"I didn't say that, Sean. I said I know Monmouth, Oregon."
He grinned, "oh, my bad."
I turned to our left, "let's just walk around."
He jogged up beside me, "how about a little race?"
My smile turned into a demonic, challenging grin, "a race? To where?"
"How about... that stop sign?" He said, pointing three blocks away.
"Alright your on." I said, sure I would win. I stopped at an indentation in the side walk. He backed up and we prepared to run.
"3-" Sean started.
"2-" I continued the countdown.
In unison, blasting off, arms swinging, "1!"
At first, Sean was ahead, but only about four feet. I had trained to be a marathon runner for years. Keeping a steady healthy diet that I'm on still. But because I chose the lovely career I have today, I had to give that up. Except the fourth of July with a mini marathon, I've recently started winning second place of my age group. I've also started putting a recorder on my forehead to record the experience through the eyes of a runner. It's good a good cut scene in games and a few times posted them on YouTube. After one and a half blocks, Sean's stamina was slowing. But mine was still near full so I was able to pass him, Sam bouncing in the hood with me. After I got close to the third block, I decide to slow significantly, at least allowing Sean to get a close call to first. I passed the sign and stopped, Sean passed soon after. He was panting hard, while I recovered after a few seconds. That was one of my unique gifts. I placed my hand on his back.
"Straighten up and put your hands on your head. It will help you breathe better and help you to recover quicker." I grab his wrists that were placed on his knees and pulled them to his head, making him straighten up. Still holding one wrist I guide him back in the direction of the hotel. I let his wrist go, "keep your hands on your head."
The Irish man complained, "but my sides are hurtin!"
"Just ignore it and the pain will go away." I said truthfully.
"Is there a way to make it go away faster?" He said, moaning.
"You could apply some pressure to them, i guess" it has helped me in the past.
"But I have my hands on ma head." He said as I noticed a smirk on his face form.
I roll my eyes, he knows he could just have one hand on his head. I don't argue, not minding what he was implying.
I removed my hand from my pockets and placed my hands on the side of his abdominal area and applied pressure. I smiled. I could feel the slight shape of his abs. After a while I removed my hands, knowing his sides wouldn't be hurting anymore. He moved his hands from his head. We got to the hotel and Mark was waiting in the lobby.
"Took you guys long enough. Let's go!"
We got in the car after I got Ferris from my room. Just a few hours more and your life as you know it are going to change, forever.