Chapter 3

Tomorrow school starts for me. I can't wait.

That means that my third day going to the castle will be one of my last. I am going to try to go as much as I can. I like it there.

I get off my bike at the deli place and I get a sandwich.

I eat it there and then I go to the stream and cross it. I stop my bike and hide it behind a bush and I go up to the castle.

This time I hope to get to the top of something.

I go through door after door. I'm winding past the crumbled halls.

I reach that same room again.

There is another flower. The same as yesterday.

I look around to see if anyone was there. I go and pick up the flower. I put it in my hair again.

These flowers are so pretty. I wish I knew what they were called.

I walk out and continue to explore. I still don't manage to get to the top of anything here. I really want to see the view.

After a while I finish for today and I leave.

*****

I wake up today being Monday. Today is my first day of school here. I am so excited. I don't have to wear uniforms which I really love.

I get dressed and I go downstairs and eat a quick breakfast. One of my flowers is still fresh because I put them in water. I put it in my hair.

I already got supplies before we moved and all of it was sitting in a suitcase on its own. I get my school backpack out of it.

It is already packed and ready to go.

I put my lunch box in it and I am getting ready to ride my bike to school.

Once it is time to leave I get my bike and helmet that I already had.

I start to ride to school.

I pass the busy streets in town and I continue to ride.

I see students walking with their bags and some are riding bikes. I reach the school and I find the bike racks. I lock my bike and I walk into the front office.

"Bonjour, I am the new student Thea Monette. I was hoping I could get my schedule. Today is my first day which I presume you were told." I say in to the lady at the desk.

She searches through a box of files and searches through alphabetically for my schedule.

She hands it to me.

"Merci." I say to her as I walk out the building.

The schedule also says my locker number. I go to my locker and grab the supplies I need for my first class. This school has three periods a day and we have three one day, then three the next.

My first class is science. I grab a spiral and composition notebook. I don't know if I need it but I might.

I get to the correct classroom.

Students are talking around in their own groups. When I enter I feel all eyes on me.

"Bonjour. You must be the new student. In class we pick our seats each class day. When the bell rings you can pick your seat." The teacher says.

I nod my head. The bell rings at that moment. I laugh a little to myself at that.

Everyone is bustling to get a good seat.