Chapter 5

I get to school and I get to class.

The bell rings and everyone hurries to a seat. I sit in the back again next to Lucas.

Everyone is whispering. I roll my eyes, which seems to make the whispering die down a little.

"Why are you always sitting next to me?" Lucas whispers.

"Because I think that someone should be nice to you. And no one is stepping up to do so." I say.

He looks down at his desk at me saying this.

I think that we might just become friends.

Class starts. We do the lesson we were going to do last class.

*****

It is a minimum day today! I just found out because it is lunch already and the first two periods when by so quickly.

I get my lunch from my locker and I then walk towards the lunch area.

Something hits my head hard. I turn around to see a soccer ball bouncing off.

"Sorry about that." The guy who grabs it said.

"That's okay." I say smiling at them. It still hurt though.

Just as I'm about to turn around to leave, he kicks the ball at my face. I fall down to the ground.

"Hey!" I say rubbing the top of my head.

"Sorry." He says again.

"Hey! Stop kicking the ball at her!" I hear Riley say.

I get up but I'm knocked down again, I was hit on the head.

It has to be because of me sitting next to Lucas.

I see Riley run over.

The ball gets kicked at me again. I cover my face but I see someone, very quickly block me from it and catch the ball.

I look to see if it was Riley in front of me but it was not her. Riley is taking steps backwards, away from me.

I look to see who blocked the ball.

It was Lucas.

He is squeezing the ball in his hands. With Lucas's back towards me he is staring daggers at them.

I see the guys taking scared steps backwards.

I am a little light headed but I get up.

Lucas throws the ball at them and one of them catches it but he gets knocked off his balance a little.

"You okay?" Lucas says turning towards me.

I got caught off guard. I didn't expect Lucas to do that.

"I'm fine. Were you protecting me just now?" I say.

He looks down and doesn't answer.

"Thanks." I say.

Lucas walks off away from the lunch area to I don't know where. Once he is gone Riley come running over.

"I can't believe that just happened!" Riley says.

I walk with Riley to our usual table. The entire lunch area is silent. I can feel the eyes of the whole school on me.

*****

School ended a while ago.

I walk up to the castle with my book. I already finished my homework in class.