Chapter 19

I fly through the portal after Dad. I get back to earth through it. The people in the town are screaming and running.

Dad shouts out to make them scared. I see that when the screaming grows, the more he does.

He must have used some charm that made him do this.

I see Thea's Mom on the castle tower. I forgot to get her down.

I fly over to her and I make another set of fireballs for her to shoot.

"Is Thea okay?" she says.

"She is fine. You won't believe what she did back in Eleradan!" I say.

"Maybe she can help!"

I nod my head.

I create another set of fireballs so she won't run out while I go get Thea. I fly to the portal and through it.

**********

I see Lucas fly back through the portal and back over here. He flies over to me. I hold out my hands. I assume he is taking me to earth.

He grabs me by the wrists from behind. He flies me up and through the portal. I see fireballs shoot past us. They are the same ones that I used with Lucas earlier.

I look at the source of them and I see Mom! I smile. Mom sees me and waves.

Lucas sets me down with Mom on the top of the tower. Mom instantly hugs me until I can barely breathe. I laugh at this.

Lucas flies back over to his Dad.

"What happened?" Mom asks.

"Lucas's Dad is trying to take over earth. He put me unconscious and sometime during then, Lucas got his wings. And when I woke up, I found out I have Gwen's abilities!" I say briefly explaining everything.

"Then let's put your powers to use. When I use this stone, I can only touch fire. I can't summon it because I'm not a fairy. If you use it, then you can summon the fire just like a half-blood." Mom says.

She hands me the stone. I don't know how to use it.

"Just think of what you want." Mom says.

I look up at Lucas. He is fighting hard at his Dad. He creates fire so easily.

I hold out my hand and I try to create a ball of light like I did in Eleradan. But instead of light, it is fire!

I smile.

"Make more of it." Mom says.

I do. I make a lot of flame and I shoot it at Lucas's father.

I create some of the fireballs to hit. I give Mom the stone so she can help me.

Lucas's Dad creates some sort of energy above him, and he shoots it out all around him like a wave.

This extinguishes the flame that I have and Lucas has.

The cloud barrier has disappeared. Lucas is shot down to the ground. Lucas gets back up and flies over to us.

"What could we do to stop him?" Mom says.

Lucas shoots fire at his Dad while we all think.

"What if we combine out powers?" I say faintly.

"What?" Mom says.

"Combining out powers! What would that do?" I say.

"That could work." Lucas says.

Lucas stops shooting fire for a minute.

"Create some energy in front of you, but don't shoot." Lucas says.

I do as he said and I make a big ball of energy. Lucas creates the same.

"Shoot it into the air so they combine." Lucas says.

At the same time, we both lift out hands up, throwing the energy into the air and it then combines.

"What if I add the orchid?" I say.

"Try it." Lucas says.

I throw it up into the energy ball. It reacts and creates a huge glow of light and I have to squint because of it.

The light gets closer.

It surrounds us.

Once the light fades, I see Lucas and Mom staring at me.

I look back. I see a lot of light.

"When the power of the dragon half-blood, the fairy Gwen, and the spirits from the orchids combine, it gave you a ton of power Thea!" Mom says.

"Look, you have wings made of light!" Lucas says.

I look back at my back. I do have wings made of light! I reach out to feel it but there is nothing there. It is just light.

I try to move them. They don't move. But I somehow lifted myself into the air. I move around on the air. I get the hang of it.

"Come on." Lucas says as he flies up next to me.

We both fly up into the air to find a very transformed dragon king.

I create energy in my hands. It glows just as bright as my wings do. Lucas pats my shoulder and smiles. He is letting me take this shot.

I hold it up into the air. I see the people in town. They stopped screaming. Instead, they are watching. I can feel them. They aren't scared anymore. They are hopeful. Hopeful that we can stop him.

Smiling at this, the energy above me increases. I hear Lucas fly back. I feel the fear in Lucas's father. This makes my energy grow stronger.

"What is that?" he says.

I fly closer to him.

"The energy of confidence and hope. The energy of the half-bloods, my aunt Gwen, and the hope from all of the past spirits." I say without fear.

"You're just kidding right? It can't be all that." He says.

I look back at Lucas.

"Get him." He mouths. I smile at him.

I hold the energy high in the sky.

The energy lifts up out of my hands. It glows brighter and brighter. It then sends a rainbow of light that grows and makes a wave that goes over everything.

As it goes over town, everything damaged is fixed. Everyone hurt is healed. Everything bad that was made by Lucas's father is gone.

Even he is gone to.

His wings with no body, fall down to the ground. Once the wings hit the ground, a loud cheer fills the area.

I look over at Lucas. He is smiling back at me.

"He is gone." Lucas says.

"Yeah. I didn't know he would disappear." I say. I dint mean for him to die. Lucas must feel bad right now.

"Well, that was where it was heading anyway. He already tried to take over the worlds we know. He has disappeared so he can join the demons in hell." Lucas says.

I smile. The cheer of everyone fills my ears, and my heart. I am so happy right now.

The glow of my wings grows faint. I slowly float to the ground. Lucas flies off and gets my Mom from the tower. I see Dad running to me.

I land on my feet. I don't feel faint. The wings just disappeared. Dad hugs me tight.

The town runs into the field as well. They are all cheering. Mom comes in as well. I see Lucas fly through the portal. It closes behind him.

"That was amazing!"

"You saved the world!"

"Are you a superhero or something?"