Chapter 11

I already got home on my bike. I am very lucky that Mom and Dad weren't home yet.

I get my bike away and go inside. A few minutes later, Mom and Dad come home.

"Homework for you." Mom says right as she gets into the door.

"Last night was great for me, thanks. How was your night?" I say sarcastically.

Mom glares at me.

"I didn't have homework assigned." I say.

"Okay." Mom says.

"Hey Mom?" I say.

"Yes?" she says.

"Where did my aunt get my flashlight from?" I say.

"From one of her trips in some other country. Why do you ask?" Mom says.

"Is that the real answer?" I say.

Mom sighs. She sits down on the couch and I sit with her. I hand her the flashlight.

"You are old enough to know." Mom says.

So my aunt was the fairy Gwen!

"Your aunt was a special person. She lived in a faraway world called Eleradan. This will sound weird but she was a fairy. And she lived to be 110 years old. But fairies look young, so she was in her fifties when shew died. I wasn't born a fairy so I am actually my age. Your aunt made this flashlight for me so I can visit her in her home. She had me give this to you when she died. The reason we moved here was so I could visit her spirit and so we can live here if you got fairy abilities." Mom says.

"Can I tell you something?" I say.

"Yes." Mom says.

"Do you know where the portal to Eleradan is?" I say.

"I have forgotten. I would have loved you to see her world." Mom says.

"To tell you the truth, when I went to the castle on the hill, I found the portal to Eleradan." I say.

"You WHAT?"

"I found the portal and the flashlight just sort of opened the portal on its own." I say.

"Did you enter?"

I nod my head.

"How did you get back? You would need the help of a fairy or a dragon half-blood." Mom says.

Dragon half-blood? So that is what Lucas and his siblings are?

"Then I guess I have three half-blood friends." I say.

"How did they bring you back? I've only seen your aunt bring me back." Mom says.

"They make a flame in their hand and the flame is absorbed into a crack in the wall which opens up the portal. When I entered with my friend they used flame with the skulls just like how the flashlight works." I say.

"That is amazing." Mom says.

Mom counts something in her head.

"How often are you going to Eleradan?" Mom asks.

"Is there a limit on the flashlight?" I ask.

"No, it is just a certain set of events happening this week." Mom asks.

"I go after school sometimes. I was also there last night." I say.

"Did you see a lighting bug? Or an Eleradan bell cricket?" Mom asks.