Chapter 9

I stare at Ashley dumbfounded.

"So you are saying, that if you are correct; my aunt, was a fairy?" I say.

"Not just any fairy. Gwendolen, or Gwen, was in the line of royalty that had the original power over Eleradan. Fairies can live for a long time, but this happened when she was young. Maybe your age." Ashley says.

"What happened again?" I say.

"Gwen was sixteen like you, and started an early rule. She was very powerful, but was then overthrown by a different line of royals. Gwen combined forces with our family to defeat this enemy line. Gwen was very kind. She gave Eleradan to our family." Ashley says.

"Now remember that this was years ago." Asher says.

"Gwen's parents were almost immortal. They died recently. And Gwen had one sister, but she was born as a normal girl. She lived in earth because of it. Gwen lived to be very old. She died at 110." Ashley says.

"That is how old my aunt was? She didn't look old through pictures. She was in her fifties when she died." I say.

"Fairies look younger than they are." Lucas says.

"Gwen used some of her magic to make a flashlight that looked exactly like this for her sister to use to travel between worlds. When Gwen died, in her will it stated that the flashlight would go to her niece because when Gwen's sister was pregnant, she could sense that it was a girl, and she had special, powers, you could call it." Ashley says.

"But this is only if you are right." I say.

Ashley, Lucas, and Asher nod their heads.

"But, if I'm a fairy, then why don't I have wings?" I say.

"You either don't have them yet, or you just have fairy ability." Ashley says.

I fall back to the ground. I am trying to process all the information.

"I am going to ask my Mom about this." I say.

"Please do, but be careful." Ashley says.

I gaze up into the stars. The stars are unfamiliar to me and the constellations are different. I entertain myself by connecting the small white dots in the sky.

A small breeze comes through but I ignore it. I relax on the grass looking up at the stars.

I continue to connect the dots. I find a unicorn, an alien, a fish, a flower, and I find ton more. The unfamiliar sky is a wonderful sight. There are more stars that I can see and they are all in different places.

I have no idea how much time passes. The breeze that passed earlier passes again. But it is just a small portion of time that it passes. It is a little strange.

My world seems to go black. The sky of white dots becomes an inky black, dark, calm, and relaxing world.

**********

I sit up on the grass. It is dark out and the only light is the light showing through the moon and the light of the stars.

I can hear the bell crickets chirping softer than usual. I look over at Ashley and Asher but they have left. I grunt.

I look at Thea and she is asleep on the grass.

Maybe that is why the crickets aren't chirping as loud, because she is asleep. That is probably also the reason why Ashley and Asher left.

I make a harsh scowl to no one, as if it would reach them.

I can hear Thea's heart beating. I have really good hearing but I wouldn't have been able to hear her if the crickets were loud.

Thea's hair is spread out on the grass. Some is on top of her forehead.

Without realizing it, I reach my hand close to her face, and move the stray hair off her forehead.

I yank my hand back realizing what I did. My heart is pounding really hard and fast. It seems so loud that I hope Thea doesn't wake up.

I can feel my face heat up.

What is wrong with me?

Thea looks so peaceful right now. I grab the towel nearby her and cover her with it as a blanket.

I instantly shove myself away from her, my heart is pounding again.

Why is this happening?

What if...? No... If I continue to be friends with her then she will betray me too.

I look over at her sleeping body. Her chest moving slowly up and down, showing me the sign that she is safe in this world right now.

I guess I have to stay to make sure she is safe, but that is it!

I stay away from near her, but close enough to keep a watchful eye on her. I make a fire to keep the bugs away, and to keep the lighting bugs off.

The flame I make with my hands turns light blue and crackles, sending a nice heat around us.

I look back at Thea. She turns onto her side and smiles gently in her sleep. The steady beat of her breathing seems to calm me down.

I close my eyes. The heat of the flame is like a blanket. I end up falling asleep.