Chapter 15

He transformed with the power of this day. Every half-blood dragon king of Eleradan gains the power to transform under the comet. But this transformation is much worse. Most likely from all the other events.

He grew spiky, dark red scales on his shoulders and knees. His head sprouted curved black horns. The claw on each wing grew a little bigger and sharper. His toenails grew into claws that ripped out of his shoes. Smoke is leaking out of his mouth and nose.

He is terrifying.

My body wants to back up and fly back down to the ground but I stay here. I know I need to win this.

"Why did you come out here to transform?" I say.

"Because I don't want you to see me do it. I could probably guess that you could if you wanted to." Dad says.

I could transform? But I'm not the king! Dad is!

I make an attacking flame in my hand and shoot it at Dad. Instead, he dodges it, and flies down through the clouds.

I dive down following him.

I see him make a flame in his hands. It is the flame he uses to open the portal. While in the air, the flame escaped his hand and shoots down into the cave. I hear the rumbling of the opening wall from here.

I see Asher and Ashley looking over at me as I dove down following Dad. Ashley is holding onto Thea.

Dad flies into the cave and into the portal. Once he is through, I see the mountain start to shake. I quickly get through the portal and dodge through the tight turns of the catacombs until I'm out on the castle on earth.

**********

Lucas just flew through the portal. The mountain starts to shake. Rocks start to fall as well.

"Asher, we need to get out of here!" I say still holding onto Thea.

"I'll grab her upper body, you grab the feet. I can't lift her on my own with that injection." Asher says.

"Okay. You and I both can tell what Lucas is like around her." I say.

I move over and grab her legs. Asher grabs her under the arms. We lift her up. We try to keep our balance with the pain were in and with the ground shaking.

Rocks are falling. The mountain is crumbling. The portal is being blocked. By the falling mountain.

"Asher, look. The portal." I say.

Asher turns around. We got pretty far. But we can see the mountain crumbling before us. When that mountain collapses, the town will be destroyed.

The stem or the orchid Thea has in her hands, combines with the second she has. This is very strange.

The combined flower lift up into the air then a blast of air explodes from the tiny flower.

We can see the wave of it spreading. It isn't just an explosion of air, but the creation of a force field!

The flower creates a clear blueish field that makes a dome and surrounds the town and castle.

We are safe.

The mountain crumbles before us, and a wave of rock dust and debris comes barreling at us.

And like a wave hitting a rock, the debris hits the field and flies up into the air, then lands back down again.

There is no way of getting back to earth. Dad is on earth. Lucas is trapped there now. And Thea is trapped here. Things turned out really confusing and hard.