Temporary Comrades

(Sakura POV)
It's been three days. Three days since leaving Konoha. Three days by myself. Three days of finding home.

I've already taken two jobs: one from the mist, and one from the cloud. I'm heading to Suna now, ready for my next job.

A lot of rumors about how I left, and how none of my colleagues knew where I went, or that I had gone. Sasuke probably has his memory back. I wonder how he's doing...

No. I can't think about them. I can't think about him. Besides, he never let's anything faze him, he'll be fine. I need to focus on the task at hand.

I slowly made my way to the nearest village. It was one of the smaller, more insignificant villages. But to be honest, they're all insignificant in my opinion.

Night had fallen when I arrived, and the first thing I did was find an inn that I could stay in for the night, and rest.

I walked up to the front desk, and saw the girl who assigned the rooms. I spoke first.

"Hello, may I get a room please?"

"Sure thing, you're Haruno, Sakura, right?"

"Uh, yeah. I am. How do you know me? I've never seen you before in my life."

"Well everyone here knows you. You're the kind young lady who brought down the thugs that used to control our village. And you did it single handed. I admire you."

"Jeez, thanks. I wasn't expecting praise. I had actually forgotten I did that."

"Well we haven't, and I'd be more than happy to give you a room. How 'bout the suite? It's on the house?"

"That'll be fine thanks. And I'm glad I was able to change your lives for the better."

I picked up the key she put on the desktop and walked away waving. Walking down the hall, I noticed the suite next to mine was occupied.

It was awfully quiet. The occupants were probably just asleep. Entering my suite, I immediately headed towards the bedroom, and got ready to shower.

It was relaxing and comforting. The warm water made me feel like I was wrapped in a warm blanket. After I finished, I dressed in nightwear and got in bed.

When morning arrived, I woke up early so that I could get a head start. I already took a day longer than I was supposed to. I wanted to catch up.

I brushed my teeth, showered, washed my face, and left the room. I walked to the front desk and gave the kind girl the keys to the suite.

"Thank you so much for the room. I really enjoyed myself."

"No problem. And thank you again for helping us. Have a nice day."

"You too." And I was on my way.

(Sasuke POV)
I woke up early, and left the suite I was offered by the annoying flirtatious girl.

Then again, every girl I've come across has been flirtatious. Especially a certain pink haired kunoichi. Now that I think about it, I realize I still don't have a lead on her location.

I want answers, and the next time I see her, I'm getting them. By any means necessary. Why would she not come back? Does her revenge have to do with Konoha?

I'm on my way to Suna. There's a B mission I've been assigned there. I have to meet up with another ninja and locate a stolen scroll then return it to the Kazekage, Gaara.

This mission really isn't much, but it'll do. I just need a little more money for the road when I go searching for Sakura and her answers.

I was briskly jumping from branch to branch, attempting to reach Suna at reasonable time. It was going well for a while when I felt a strange chakra speeding behind me, catching up quickly.

I was on guard now, ready to face whoever this was: friend or foe. But I never got the chance. They sped past me, nothing but a blur.

Of pink and green.

(Sakura POV)
I sped to Suna, wanting to get there as soon as possible. I was being paired with another ninja to complete a B ranked mission.

I just don't want whoever I'm partnered with to have a bad image of me. The good news is they won't like me, but that won't affect Konoha's image.

The point is, if I'm late, then I'll seem like some random kid, running around, doing what I want, and not respecting my missions. That will definitely gather attention.

So I was jumping at near maximum speed, that way I could travel the next 10 miles in about 3 minutes. But then I slowed to half speed, sensing an all too familiar chakra.

Sasuke.

I could actually see him too, and he was moving so slow, I couldn't believe it was him. Actually, I was moving so fast that he seemed really slow.

I kept my half speed, and sped right past him. I was hoping he didn't recognize me, and that he only saw an indepictable blur.

I continued on my way to Suna, and arrived sooner than I had expected. 2 minutes. I stopped at the gate and told the gate keepers my business with the Kazekage, Gaara.

I then proceeded to his office.
Upon arriving, I noticed his chakra signature was the only one in the office. I guess I was early.

I walked through the door and was greeted by a stoic expression that could rival Sasuke's.

"Greetings Haruno. It seems that you were able to make it here before your partner. I don't recall you being that fast."

"Oh. I've had..lots of practice..."

"Hm. Well we don't have much time. And the Uchiha should be arriving soon. I will debrief the mission then." Wait...did he say...?

For a moment we just stared at each other in awkward silence, trying to comprehend what was happening. I snapped out of it first.

"Sasuke."

"Sakura."