The Ritual

I woke up in the cave, one question on my mind, 'How long were we going to stay here?' I figured that Hideki hasn't planned on staying here for very long.

I looked to see Hikari still asleep, but no longer shivering or sniffling. I smiled. I looked over to Hideki and realized that he was awake.

Sitting up, I stretched and then stood. I walked over to my brother and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Ohayō."

He looked up at me and smiled. "Ohayō, Imoto." I smiled back and hugged him. Looking around the entire cave, I realized there was nothing different.

He chuckled. "You must leave, Imoto. I'll prepare your surprise while you're gone. Take Hikari with you."

I sighed. "Hai, Onii-chan." I walked over to Hikari and shook him. After a while, he finally got up, and we went to get som'more supplies.

We walked around the nearest village for about two hours, buying some things, and just looking at others. We also ate breakfast.

As we walked back to the cave, I sensed a faint amount of chakra behind us. Chakra I didn't entirely recognize. I looked to Hikari, and he still had his big goofy grin.

Even so, I could tell he was aware, he was just acting normal. The chakra continued to get closer. I'd decided that it was too close, and turned around.

Hikari followed my lead, but was quickly taken out by an unforseen kunai attack. The kunai missed a vital area, but he was still down.

My mind switched to medic mode, a sometimes bothersome setting that I wished I could prevent using at certain times.

As I reached Hikari, I was grabbed by the throat and thrown backwards into a tree. All of our supplies, by now, were on the floor.

I coughed as I tried to focus on the target. My vision was blurring as a hand came and grabbed me by my throat again.

I was brought closer to the face of the culprit. My eyes widened. He spoke, one single tear slipping from his left eye. "I'm sorry....Imoto."

Those were the last words I heard before the dark consumed me.

I awoke in the same cave I had been sleeping in just hours before. But instead of a comfy pallet, I laid on the bare stony ground.

I tried to move my limbs; nothing. I looked at my body and noticed chakra seals. Lots of them. Whoever this was, really wanted me incapable.

Then I remembered. Hideki... I tried harder to move my arms, legs, neck, anything. All to no avail. I heard footsteps and somehow stilled more than I was.

"The time for mother's return has come. And this will happen through you, cherry blossom warrior."

My body was paralyzed, somehow stilling even further. How could it be? How does he still exist? What does he want with me?

He walked in front of me, in my field of vision. My haunting suspicions were confirmed. It was none other than Black Zetsu; on my brother's body.

Hideki's right eye had become a ghastly dull yellow color, and his left eye was a dull jade. It no longer shimmered with life; we was a mere puppet; a zombie.

"How the hell are you alive!?" I tried to yell, but my words came out slurred and muffled. I was truly powerless.

"That's not important. You, girl, should be fearing for your life. Not wondering why I still have mine."