Reunited

(Anonymous)

I woke with a jolt. Her chakra's changed. She's that much closer to being ready. I should prepare so when the time comes, I'll be ready.

I've made camp a several miles Northeast of their campsite. I'll continue to stay behind, and expertly keep my chakra masked.

I wonder how she's doing. She must feel elated. But I'm sure it won't last. Not with what I'm planning to do....

(Sakura POV)

When I returned to my new-old home the next day, I found the cupboards stocked, the house clean, and Hikari asleep.

Couldn't blame him though, it looked like he did a lot of work. I set down my belongings in my bedroom and went to the kitchen for a snack.

I was going to make ramen, when I realized there was no electricity to heat the stove. I checked the special chakra- holding box.

It was empty. 'For Kami's sake, Hikari. You did all that work and didn't refill the chakra box.'

I took the box outside and made some handsigns.

"Lightning style: Rage of the Heavens!"

A loud boom sounded as multiple lightning strikes hit the box. The electricity from the lightning was absorbed into the box through the chakra I infused into the jutsu.

I carefully picked up the box and brought it inside. After I hooked up the box to the house, I walked in and put the pan on the stove.

Just as I was about to turn on the heat, I was hit on the head by that damned pest!

I turned to him, "What the hell Hikari! Why'd you hit me on the head!?!"

"Because you keep making so much damn noise! I cleaned the house and got food, and you thank me by waking me up!?!"

"I stopped making noise a while ago! And it's not my fault you decided to work your ass off and get so damn tired!"

"I wouldn't have worked my ass off and gotten tired, if you hadn't gone on some damned anonymous adventure, to who knows where!"

"What does me leaving have to do with you working your ass off!?!"

"Because everyone knows girls are supposed to do all the cleaning!"

That struck a nerve.

"You want me to do the damned cleaning!?! Fine! I'll get rid of the scum right now!"

I pulled back my fist and hit Hikari right in the jaw with brute strength. He, luckily, flew straight through an open window an landed on the ground outside.

The ground shook as he landed, and once the dust cleared I could see him struggling to stand.

By then, my anger had subsided and I rushed to help him.

"Dammit, Hikari, you know better than to make me mad." I placed my glowing green hands on his jaw first. He smiled.

"But you're hot when you're mad."

I flicked his forehead, and he cringed. "Hikari, stop messing around, before I leave you for the crows."

He chuckled nervously. I healed him to the point where all of his broken bones were mended, and I could walk him to the house.

In the house, I laid him on his bed and tended to the rest of his injuries. After a while I decided to talk to him about something that had been on my mind.

"Hikari. On my trip, I mastered the use of the Sharingan."

"I figured that's why you left."

"But what I really need to talk to you about, are my plans for mastering the Rinnegan. I need your full honest opinion."