OVA: Date

(Sakura POV)

It's been a year ever since my return to the village. Naruto and Hinata seem pretty serious, and the others seem to have all found their significant other. Even Kakashi!

Sasuke has been opening up to me more, and I him, and I think we can actually call eachother friends. Some of the others have been opening up to me as well.

A part of me thinks that our friends believe we could be more than friends. Another part of me thinks that's absolutely absurd. Sasuke doesn't seem like the type to be in a relationship.

Hmmm.

I have been off house arrest for about 8 months now. I was given the title of Anbu Captain, which I wasn't surprised about. My mask is a dragon.

Kakashi and everyone congradulated me. Even Sasuke, in his own way. Ever since then I have been training hard. I want to be Head Captain in a couple of weeks.

It was late afternoon, and I was at Team Seven's training grounds when the loud blonde and his quiet colleague arrived. I stopped doing my single-handed push-ups and turned to them.

Naruto came up to me with a huge grin, seemingly more giddish than usual. I raised and eyebrow and he responded with a chuckle. "Teme has a confe-"

He was suddenly cut off by a kick to the side of his head, hitting him in the temple and effectively knocking him out. I raised an eyebrow at Sasuke, and he merely smirked.

"The dobe was being a pest." I could tell he was amused by his own actions taken towards Naruto. As response, my hidden shadow clone threw kunai his way.

Sasuke managed to dodge at the last second and he came at me. He drew his katana as I drew my own. Our blades clashed and sparks flew.

Left, right, up, down; our blades moved in sync. I saw an opening and moved for a punch. Sasuke caught my fist in his. I front flipped over him and landed on his shoulders.

Before Sasuke could react I wrapped my legs around his throat and back flipped. I landed on my hands and slammed his body to the ground.

Sasuke used a substitute and a log sat in his place. I stood still, trying to sense his chakra. Three shuriken came from my back right. I quickly deflected them my sword.

Just as quickly, I came to face the opposite direction just in time catch Sasuke. I slashed across his chest as he quickly retreated. He landed away from me sporting a new scar.

I frowned. I managed to cut him, but he moved away too soon. The cut was shallow and hardly touched his skin. There was a snip in his shirt and a small trail of blood from his chest.

He smirked, seeing my displeasure. My frown deepened. It was my turn to disappear. I shunshined to a tree and masked my signature. I analyzed the field before starting.

I threw five kunai at his face. He easily blocked them with his blade. Swiftly, he turned to his right to rid of the flurry of senbon aimed for his body.

I appeared behind him just as he finished with the senbon. Sasuke jumps away and uses the Pheonix Flower jutsu. I counter with my own water jutsu and mist covers the field.

Sasuke backflips over me just as I throw a kunai at his back. His sword comes down and I allow it to end me. He seems surprised. I'm sure submission was the last thing he expected.

The Genjutsu ends and Sasuke finds my sword at his throat. My lips couldn't help but slightly curl up at the side. His surprise was replaced with a sharp look.

We stood in silence before he decided to sheath his sword. I lowered my blade and sheathed it as well. We extended and linked our pointer and middle fingers.