Let's Move

(Sakura POV)

Hikari and I were anxious to depart as we prepared our luggage the next morning. I placed most of our items in scrolls for convenience.

Other things, we carried in bags. Once we were all set, Hikari locked the door to our home, and we headed east.

We didn't really know where we were going. We just walked and walked, following intuition and the little information we had on our family.

We walked for about three miles before I felt a familiar chakra. But something was off about it. I continued walking, and gave Hikari a subtle sign.

He got the message, and sent me one back to confirm. After a while, when the chakra was too close for our liking, we decided to confront it.

Hikari turned around, kunai at the ready, while I sped behind the chakra owner and put my kunai to their throat.

"Talk. Who are-" I cut myself off. This person, they had pink hair. A unique trait to the Haruno family.

"Turn around." I said, my voice shakier than I wanted. The person turned around, and showed me a face I had been longing to see for 15 years.

"Hi onee-chan. It's been a long time."

"Hideki. How...how did you find me? Where have you been? I've missed you!" I said happily, as tears streamed down my face.

I hugged my older brother, like there was no tomorrow. As if this would be my last time seeing him. Again.

"I'll tell you all about it later," he hugged me back. "right now, let's enjoy this moment."

As I hugged him, I thought about how much he's grown. He truly seems like my older brother now. He has a strong, deep voice now. Just like father's.

And he's taller than me. He used to be shorter. Our family would always tease him about it too, because it looked like I was the older sibling.

He was even taller than Hikari. They used to fight all the time because Hikari was taller than him even though he was older than him too. Hikari made sure to tease him everyday.

I reluctantly backed away from my brother. "Hideki," he turned to me. "I found Hikari, well, he found me. He's traveling with me."

I gestured towards Hikari. Neither of them laughed, or smiled, or greeted each other. Neither of them uttered a single word.

In a split second they were both bashing foreheads, yelling in each other's faces. They were yelling so loud, I could only pick up some of the conversation.

"Did you take good care of my onee-chan!?"

"Of course I did, shorty! Saku-chan's my best friend!"

"Who're you callin' shorty, shorty! I'm taller than you now!"

"Not for long! I'll have another growth spurt, and you'll go back to being shorter!"

"Not if I stunt your growth first!"

"Come and try it!"

Then they began to wrestle and shout at the same time, and I couldn't understand anything else.

An irk mark grew on my forehead before I shouted. "Enough! You two can fight later! We need to get going, and set up camp!"

The both of them stopped immediately because they knew how I was when I was irritated, or mad.

Then they both stood straight at attention, and I continued walking forward. "Let's go. We'll set up camp about three miles from here."

They nodded and followed after me.