The Mission

"Sasuke."

"Sakura."

"I assume there is something I do not know about. Nor do I care. I request that you put your personal matters aside until after the mission."

"I'm sorry Gaara, you know I respect you, but I can't do this mission."

"It is too late. No one else will be able to arrive in time to retrieve the scroll. You must go."

I sigh. "Hai."

"Head east from here, and track them the best you can. The direction they headed In was all the information we received. Now go."

"Hai."

We both teleported out of his office, and outside the gates of Suna. "Let's get this over with." I grumbled and started walking east.

We've been walking for three hours in annoyingly awkward silence. Sasuke is a silent person that keeps to himself and generally, so am I. But there's too many unanswered questions.

(Sasuke POV)
Igot bored, so I pulled out my new katana that I recently bought, and started to polish and inspect it.

It seems that Sakura took interest in it, because she kept eyeing it as we walked. "Um, can I see that for a second? I just want to try something."

"Hn." I handed her my sword.

I took a step back, not knowing what she was up to. She took the sword in her hands and inspected it, then placed it in her left hand.

By now we had stopped walking, and she took a pose, extending her right arm and leg in front of her.

'What is she doing?' was the thought that came to my mind seeing her posing in that weird stance.

Then she spun the sword in circles in her left hand and swiftly pivoted on her right foot, exposing the side with the blade to my vision.

Sakura threw the blade in the air with it still spinning, pivoted again on her right foot, and caught the sword in her right hand.

But it seems she wasn't finished. She threw it again, still spinning, and back flipped, catching it mid air and landing with her feet crossed, left in front of right, her right hand holding the sword above her head, and her left arm extended.

"Hn. Interesting technique." Was all I said as I took my blade back and put it away. "Heh. Ya..uh..." Sakura said nervously. She seemed as if she wanted to tell me something, but decided against it.

(Sakura POV)
"Let's pick up the pace." Sasuke said before leaping into the trees. I follow suit silently, berating myself for even thinking to bring up my clan.

(Sasuke POV)
Sakura is quiet. Too quiet. She also seems to be a little too nervous. There is something she is hiding from me. I need to find out what.

(Sakura POV)
"I smell an unfamiliar scent blended with the scent of the Kazekage."

Our senses are linked, and I assumed the Kazekage's scent was being produced from the scroll we're supposed to retrieve.

A while after Himue's comment, I saw a foot print. I stopped, hopping down to the ground to inspect the print while Sasuke kept going, unaware.

"Sasuke! I found something!" He turned around and headed back towards me as I continued to inspect the first clue.

The print was definitely created by a man's sandal, seeing as the size is much too thick to be a woman's.