That Fateful Day

Sakura woke up in her bed. She stared at the ceiling, thinking about what the day would bring. Though she was only four years old, she thought about these things often.

Hopping from her bed with pink comforters, her short legs landed on the floor with a grace only her four year old self could be capable of.

Sakura fixed her comforter before rushing out of her bedroom door. She hopped down the stairs two at a time to the first floor.

Her house was very large, and very luxurious. Being the main family, they were given the best the village had to offer; which was a lot.

Sakura proceeded to the kitchen when she suddenly stopped. It was happening again. Her heart burned, and she kneeled over as the dense chakra started to uproar.

Sakura was on the brink of panic when she remembered her mother's words:

'Never panic; stay calm. You must take a deep breath and surround her chakra with your own. Condense it. Do not hesitate to be assertive. Let her know you're in charge.'

Sakura took a deep breath and surrounded the dense chakra with her own. Slowly but surely, she condensed and controlled it.

'Nice try, Himue-san. But it's not that easy to throw me off.'

A simple, "Hm." Was her cold response. Little did she know that this beast who tried to kill her, would soon be her best and only friend.