Sasuke's Visitor

(Sasuke POV)

I was walking back to my house through the Uchiha compound. Naruto had insisted that I join him and Kakashi for ramen.

I didn't eat. Or talk. I just sat there and waited for our 'team meeting' to end. Sometimes, I really do regret coming back. Naruto and his foolishness bothers me to no end.

But then I remember how boring life would be without him. He's my best friend, and I can't deny that he makes life more interesting.

I was around the corner from my home when I felt a strange chakra. It was dim, poorly masked, but I could sense  familiarity in it.

I sped up my pace by just a bit. I needed to know who was in my house. Only idiots broke in and let their signature show, but somehow this felt deliberate.

I began to think this was a potential threat. I sent chakra to my eyes in order to activate Sharingan, if needed. As I approached my door, I felt the signature dim further.

Whoever this was was obviously very skilled in chakra control. I opened the door and stepped in. No one was there. I turn and close the door, then swoop back around.

I held my katana up to the throat of my intruder.

Sakura.

I glared at her, "What are you doing here?"

She glared back, "If I recall, that's not how you greet visitors."

"You're not a visitor, you're an intruder," that's when I noticed she was eating pocky. My pocky, "and you're a thief too."

"I believe a, 'how are you?', is in order?"

I glared harder, and pressed my katana to her throat, the cool blade lightly touching her skin. She seemed unfazed by the action.

"I said, what are you doing here?" I hated repeating myself, and I was just about done with this.

"Fine, I won't eat anymore of your pocky. I don't like strawberry very much anyway."

"Sakura, just answer the damn question!"

"Ssh, not so loud. You want everyone to know I'm here?"

"No one else lives in the Uchiha compound. Why would I need to worry about others hearing me?"

"You haven't noticed all the chakra signatures at your door?"

I froze for a moment. I checked for any signatures other than our own, and she was right. There were three chakra signatures outside my door.

I sighed, "Mask your chakra and go to another room. We'll finish this conversation later."

She nodded and walked away. I walked to my door and opened it to see Kakashi, Naruto and Sai.

"What do you want?"

Naruto answered, "We were gonna train and thought that you should come with us! I think you're gettin' kinda rusty. You haven't fought in days!"

"I go on missions dobe. I fight plenty."

"Of course Sasuke-san. We just think that this would be a nice team exercise." Sai said with his unconvincing close eyed smile.

"I'll have to pass. I'm already busy."

"With what teme!?"

"Things that don't concern you dobe."

"Alright Sasuke, we'll leave you to your -obviously fake- work." Kakashi said, while mumbling the 'obviously fake' part.

I sighed and closed the door. I waited until I felt their chakra signatures leaving to go look for Sakura. I realized she could be anywhere, and scolded myself for not giving her a specific location.