Unleashed Power

PS: This is a really long chapter for me. I hope you like it, because it took some time.

PPS: This chapter is a total of 6,134 words, NOT counting these little notes!

(Sasuke POV)

Naruto and I traveled nonstop. It was the afternoon, two days later, when we finally came to a halt.

The distance we had covered was pretty large. The village wasn't able to follow us. Now all we needed to do was rest.

"Hey, teme." Naruto said as he approached me with some ramen in his hands.

"What?"

"When do you think we'll catch up with Sakura-chan?"

"I don't know, dobe. Most likely not any time soon. She's been gone for half a year."

"Grr. Fine, well do you at least have an idea as to which way she went?"

Actually, I did. But I wasn't sure I wanted to tell the dobe. He'd definitely start yelling at me, and that was the last thing I needed at the moment.

I sighed. It would come up sooner or later. "Dobe, there's something I didn't tell you."

He quirked his eyebrow as a signal to continue. "Back at the village, maybe two months ago, Sakura infiltrated the village,"

His face was surprised, and he spat out the ramen he was eating. Wiping soup off of my face, I continued before he could say anything.

"And she came to see me. For about a week, she continued to leave and come back, and we talked."

"The day she left for the last time, I saw her head in the Northeast direction. That's why I had us leave through the North Gate. So since we've been traveling North all this time, we should start heading east."

Naruto exploded as soon as I finished. "What the hell, Sasuke! Why didn't you tell me!? We could've kept Sakura in the village then! Teme, do you know what you've done!?"

I sighed again. "Yes, Naruto I do understand what I've done. For most of my life I've been doing the wrong thing. But you must understand, that I didn't feel the same way then, as I do now. Now I intend to do the right thing, and bring Sakura back to the village."

Naruto calmed down after I had spoken. He seemed to be thinking, which was rare for him. I didn't want to disturb. After a minute, he turned to me.

"Sasuke, that was one hell of a speech," he punched me on my shoulder. "Don't let it be a good speech filled with empty words. Let's bring Sakura back. No matter what!"

He put out his fist. At first, I was confused. I had never gotten this gesture from anyone, not even Naruto.

Then I realised what I was supposed to do. I let my fist connect with his, and gave him a smirk. "Of course, dobe."

(Sakura POV)

We had to back track some when Hideki was leading us to the perfect training ground he had found.