OVA: Family

I meditated in silence before I was interrupted by my ten year old son, Takashi, whom was named after my father. He was my pride and joy.

Even though parents aren't supposed to pick favorites, he was my favorite and he knew it. Though my thirteen year old daughter, Sarada, is exceptional, she lacks a few things.

For one: my pink hair. Takashi's is a shade or two darker, a result of Sasuke's black hair coming into the mix. Two: Mankai. I was absolutely ecstatic when I found out he had the eyes of my clan.

He also bears my jade eyes. His are a darker jade, again, the result of Sasuke's genes mixing. Unlike Sarada, he has Sasuke's hair. Sarada has practically nothing from my side.

Most wouldn't know she's my child. But there are a few definitive things. She has my hair, and my light skin. That's about it, but she's still my little girl.

Takashi had wonderful porcelain skin, and a calm, cool and collected personality. While Sarada also shared this trait, Takashi was mostly introverted. Sarada is more extroverted.

His quiet being is what I like most about him. That, and his intelligence. "Mama, may I join you?" I gave him a warm smile. "Of course sweety."

He sat beside me and we were enveloped in silence. That is, until Sarada came running down the hall. She raced past us and out the back door. Hm. Must be training with her father.

Sasuke has been a quiet, but supporting father who loves his family very much. Training with Sarada was a normal thing. And because they were always training together, they were close.

Much like Takashi and I. Takashi was still in the academy, but he was top of his class and very skilled.

He took mostly after his father in terms of personality and me in appearance. We often heard of his annoying famgirls from the academy.

We continued to meditate, the soft sounds of training in the background. He spoke to me, but did not open his eyes. In a low voice he asked, "Mama, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"When will I learn Mankai?" I opened my eyes and looked at him. He opened his eyes and looked at me. "When I know you are ready." He didn't pry. Simply nodded and left it at that.

We went back to meditating, but not long after I decided to show him a little something. "Takashi,"

"Hai, mama?"

"Follow me. I want to show you something." He nodded. I walked down our long corridor to my study. The children were never allowed in here, too much important work. So I knew we would be undisturbed.

"What I'm about to show you is a big secret. You can't even tell your papa that I showed you." I closed the door behind him and noticed he was a little tense. Takashi must've judged the situation as serious because I brought him here.

I patted his head. "Relax. Nothing's wrong. Just have a seat on the floor." He followed my instructions. I sat across from him. We could hardly see each other in the faint light from my table side lamp.

I placed my hands, palms up, on my knees and focused. Before I could finish what I was doing, however, Takashi spoke. He sounded alarmed. "Mama, something's wrong."

I gave him a concerned look. "What is it?" He squinted at me then pointed at me. "There's something else...someone else inside of you." I was shocked. Had he seen her? Could it be possible?

"Tell me Takashi, what does this someone look like?"

"Well," he started. "I don't really know. All I can see is a chakra signature. But it's not small like an infants, it's huge." How was this possible?