Chapter 2

I walked back into my room threw my clothes on and applied my makeup. I glanced at the picture of my mom on my dresser and just sighed.

" I know you are looking down on me from heaven right now so im going to try and make you proud okay", I said looking up at the roof.

*Knock Knock*

"Coming hold on" , I screamed. I sprayed my Poppy Coach perfume on, grabbed my backpack and opened the door.

"Damn Amiyah you looking good" , my bestfriend Solice said.

"Aww thanks girl you know I try " , I say while pushing her out the door. I walk in the kitchen grab a bagle that Mia made and kissed her bye.

Me and Solice were walking to the bus as Cortez wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"So you wasnt going to wait for me boo ?" , he says.

"Uh considering that I have a man and you got hoes im not your boo" , I say taking his hand from around me.

"Oh you got jokes I see , well Solice when you gone let a nigga slide through" , he say.

"When you slide a breath mint in your mouth im sorry Cortez but I like my men who are 19 and above" , my friend said.

"So you like them old and dumb I see girl don't you know you JAILBAIT" , he yells in her face and takes off.

"Im sorry girl but your brother is a retard , the nigga thinks he is all that just because he play basketball and got groupies. I will not be the one who falls victim to that mess. At least when you mess with a older guy they respect you" , she says.

"No Solice thats where you're wrong just because their older does not mean they will respect you, it just means they have gotten better at the game they spit after they disrespect you" , I inform her.

"I feel you girl but im just saying older the better shit age aint nothing but a number" she say.

"Yea and jail aint nothing but a building", I said.

As we step on the bus we show the driver our cards and head to the back. All of Southway High on this bus so I know there is going to be drama. Solice goes and sit on some guy lap that I do not know of. I just sigh and put my earphones in for the rest of the 25 min ride. Ushers "U Make Me Wanna" blasts through my iPod touch.

"You make wanna leave the one 

Im with to start a new relationship 

with .... this is what you do"

As I continued to listen to the lyrics of the song I immediately thought about Cortez. I felt guilty because I had a wonderful loving boyfriend named Drew. He loved me for who I was and did not care about my past. We met in the group home and from that day we were together since. I never thought about cheating on him until my feelings for Cortez grew. Solice snaps me out of my thoughts by shaking my shoulder.

"Come on girl we at Dramaway High I mean Southway ", she says.

I get off the bus to be greeted by Drew my boo.

"I missed you baby sorry I could not pick you up this morning I had um practice" he says.

"Its okay me Solice and Cortez rode the bus".

"Bae you know I do not like that nigga Cortez."

"I know boo but I live with him and yall teammates, wait why Cortez didnt go to practice he apart of the team."

"Yea it was only for captains" , he say sounding guilty as hell.

"Baby Cortez is a capt- " he cut me off by kissing me hard on the lips he grabbed my waist and pulled me into him.

"Now come on with your cute self" , he says while holding my hand and walking me into class.

I was kind of skeptical about the whole practice situation but decided not to say anything. We walked into Ms. Rodriguez classroom hand in hand. All I got was stares and eye rolling and Drew got "what's ups" & kisses blown at him. Wha the fuck? Trina better known as Southway tramp came up to Drew and caressed his face as if I was not standing there.

"Um trick if you know what is good for you I would advise you to get your nasty ass hands off my man"

"Little girl who you caling a trick you barely got a place to sleep at night, you broke not popular, have a foster family and don't have a mom. Now why would Drew want you he's handsome, point guard on the basketball team and did I mention rich as hell."

I stood there stunned all I heard was oohs and damn. Drew just stood there not saying a word. The only reason he was rich and I wasn't was because he slanged as a side hustle. I knew I couldn't cry and the nerve of this trick to talk about my mom. I just looked at her and punched her dead in her mouth. That will teach her for talking shit. Drew tried to grab me and I yanked my arm back.

"Let go of me punkass I cant believe you let her say that shit to me and you just stood there. Maybe I should find a man who will defend my honor not a dumbass like you." , I say.

"Who like Cortez I know you been sleeping around on me Amiyah just admit it."

This bastard must be out of his mind I mean yea I have feelings for Cortez but I never acted on them. Im not a cheater and for him to accuse me of having slept with him is unbelievable. I stepped in his face and mushed him. He just stares at me and says

"Man I cant do this anymore" and walks off. I just slid down the locker and began to cry. Was this his way of saying we were done ?

~NO ONE~

No one to hold me at night and make my pain go away 

No one to stand by my side and keep the haters at bay 

No one to love me and promise me they will stay 

No one ...no one to care !

Vote Comment & Share ♥