Chapter 8

Mia's P.O.V

Im hardly ever home I dont even know what's going on in my own house anymore but I had to get out of dodge for a while and didnt want to bother Tez and Miyah. I started receiving anonymous calls and texts. They would sometimes call then when I would answer would hang up. One day I was at work and the phone rang and the same thing happened. Instead of it making me upset the shit pissed me off completely. I didn't know if they were watching my house or not so I rarely came home and if I did it was late at night. I couldn't stand the fact that I was putting my children in harms but I felt as if this was the only way to protect them. I did some grimy stuff in the past and I guess it was time to reep what I sow. I sat inside Starbucks and just thought about my life and what it had become. My gut was telling me that it was Devin coming back to get me for what I did. In my eyes I was protecting Cortez and at that time he was all that mattered to me. Yea maybe I sold him out. Okay and maybe going behind his back with his bestfriend wasnt right either but that was all for his benefit. I was the true definition of a ride or die chick. I rode with Devin through all of the lying cheating and sneaking around. Through all of that I was still rocking with him but some stuff was just unforgivable. The sound of someone tapping the table woke me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Mia whats good baby you still look like money" , the infamous Devon said Devin's twin.

"Hey Devon what you want man while you keep calling me after 14 years ?"

"Damn ma why all the hostility , I was just trying to tell you that your man Devin got out last week and you need to watch your back shorty" , he said with an evil grin.

Just the thought of Devin sent chills down my back and cause hairs to raise on my arms. I still had love for him but his saying was "I would kill you before I let you leave". He would say that shit to me everyday with a cold stare while gripping my curly black hair.

"Ha you got jokes nigga ? You really think he would kill me without giving me a chance to explain my side of the story ? Plus if he was trying to kill me why are you informing me of it ?"

"Shorty you killing me with all the questions im not a detective I dont know but what I do know is that you better be extra careful. You know I got a soft spot for you Mia and believe it or not I would never want to see you hurt" , he says while reaching across the table and caressing my face.

I immediately smack his hand away trying to forget the night after Devin got locked up.

"Whatever Devon I got to go man I can't deal with this tell Devin to stay the hell away from me", I say getting up and walking away.

Im walking out of the coffee place and I feel like something is out of place but I just continue to get in my black escalade little did I know that would be the worst mistake of my life. I got in the car and turned on the radio and Tupac Hit em Up blasted through the speakers. I was rapping along to the song just having a good time. I noticed an all black Lexus following me. Now that I thought about it the car had been behind me for about a half-mile. I cut the corners trying to get rid of the car but to no avail.

"Dammit !" , I said cursing under my breath.

Next thing I know the car bumped me from behind. That instantly pissed me all the way off. I tried to speed up but it slammed into me. The car in front of me was driving to slow so I got in the other lane to try and get in front of it all the while trying to lose the Lexus. I pulled out to fast and was in a dead collision with a van sending me flying in the. The truck flipped twice before landing. I tried to reach for my phone to call for help but I was starting to see black. Trying to fight for my life all I could think about is my kids Amiyah & Cortez. My last words to them would have been for them to take care of each other. Next I thought about all of the sinning I had done. There was no way I was making it to heaven ! Well I guess the Devil better get ready cause im like lil boosie im touching down and causing hell.

Vote Comment Fan (;

Intense chapter huh ? Damn Mia , at least she went out like a G ♡♥