Chapter 21

Amiyah P.O.V

I stood in our bedroom in front of our mirror just admiring my outfit of choice. It was a halter dress that stopped right before my knees that hugged all of my curves. It was black and I added my red bottoms to go with it. I also put on a diamond necklace and earrings set. I absolutely looked gorgeous and couldn't wait for whatever Chase had in store. I have been thinking about Tez alot lately though. I think im going to stop by to check on Miamor tomorrow.

"Miyah come on were going to be late for our reservations" , Chase says interrupting me out of my thoughts.

"Okay hold on im coming" , I say while spraying perfume all over me.

I take one last glance before I walk out of our room and down the stairs.

He wraps his arms around me and whispers ,

"You smell so good tonight baby I have a big surprise for you".

"Thank you so do you", I say.

"Come on were going to be late" , he says and leads me out the door to his all white Hummer.

He says he likes the truck because it defines his personality. Whatever the hell that suppose to mean. We pull up to Lucy's and he comes around and opens my door. We walk into the restaurant and get a table in the back. There was fresh roses on the table and a bottle of wine sitting on ice. We were having a good time when Chase slid a black box in front of me.

"What is this ?" , I say sounding surprised.

"Just open it and find out" , he says.

I opened the box and it was so gorgeous.

"Oh my gosh Chase this is beautiful, you didn't have to do that."

"I know but I wanted to. It's just a promise ring. I promise when we move to that next level you will get something bigger. For right now it's just a ring to symbolize that were down for each other."

"Okay I got you. So I'm like your ride or die chick ?"

"You ready to ride till the wheels fall off ?"

"Yeah Im down"

We made a toast to the future and I was really feeling good about myself 

.We paid the tab and walked to the car. I took it all in I had a good man sitting in front of me and I could finally say that I was happy. Through it all I still felt like something was missing. I shrug it off and tried to enjoy it all. We came in the house I headed straight for the shower and then fell asleep.

*Ring Ring*

I woke up to the sound of my phone, it read Unknown.

"Hello" , I said still half-sleep"

"Oh my gosh Amiyah come quick these guys ran in the house and started shooting. I don't know what to do. I'm so scared."

"Are they gone ?"

"Yes they left already but they shot Tez and he was bleeding everywhere." , she says crying.

"Okay Solice calm down where are you ?"

"Im in the closet"

"Okay stay there im on my way"

Tez P.O.V

I see angels floating over me and in my ear a girl screaming. I can't take the pain and im just ready to give up. I feel myself slowly drifting away. Until I hear Amiyah leaning over me. She came for me. I just want to tell her im sorry but the words won't come out.

"Come on baby be strong don't you die on me , I love you dont do this." , she says.

Those are the last words I hear until I slip away into paradise.

Amiyah P.O.V

" No, no , no come on Tez you have to wake up", I say as tears slip down my face.

I pick his head up and lay it my lap rocking us back and forth. I hear the ambulance in the distance and I just know that he's gone already.They come in and put him on the stretcher. He was pronounced dead at the scene. I felt my whole life crashing down around me and the walls were closing in on me. I never got to properly say goodbye. I never got to kiss him one last time. I never got to even tell him how I felt. Ladies and Gentlemen never get mad at your significant other and don't apologize or tell them how you feel. Never hold grudges because you don't know if you will ever be able to talk to that person again. You won't be able to see them smile, hear they laugh or even give them a simple hug. If your love is that strong hold on to that person and fight for them. Love can feel good but it could hurt you so deeply that you never recover from it.