Broken ( a Dancemoms fan fic )

| Prologue | I am entering this in the Watty Awards; so if you read this please please vote! | I published this same story; but it isnt 30 pages • the requirement • so i am rewriting it and adding more detail! | and please follow my Instagram @madisonzieler | ily |

Maddie's POV

Sitting indian style on my zebra duvet, I propped myself up against my flocculent pillow. My usually neat light brown hair was now in a tangled mess, as random wisps of hairs clung to my sweaty forehead. My thumb was gently stroking the rough envelope I was clutching onto.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

This was it.

I scanned it over once more before taring into the fragile paper.

I retrieved a folded white paper and opened it carefully, running my finger over the creases.

I took another deep breath and began to read the letter,

"Dear Melissa and Madison Ziegler,

A few weeks ago, Madison auditioned for the prestigious Joffrey School of Ballet. We were very impressed with her theatrical skills and technique. Madison should know, as a competitive dancer, getting into the dance industry is a struggle. You need performance skills, which Madison has, technique, which Madison also has, and grace which Madison has. But, she doesn't fit the look. Dancers are tall, lean, and long legged. It may be hard to take in at such a young age, but it's the hard reality of dance. Especially ballet. Concluding, the Joffrey Ballet would not like for you to train with us this Summer. We mailed you this letter for you to know you are an amazing dancer and to continue. You aren't far off from getting in.

Regards."

I read the letter over and over again. Tears were now forming in my bright blue eyes. Everything was a blur now.

This couldn't be right. It just couldn't. I let out a small cry and wept into my pillow.

Authors Note~ Please vote for this! Comment for more(: