Competition

Chapter Thirty-Five - Competition

Mackenzie's POV

"Up next to the stage is contestant number 314, Mackenzie, tributing her dance to Maddie."

I painted a sad expression onto my face, as I lyrical walked onto the stage.

The music boomed through the speakers as I leaped, turned, and flipped.

As cliché as this sounds, by the end of the dance I had tears streaming down my face.

Everyone was clapping, cheering, and hollering for me.

I had a standing ovation, and it felt amazing.

Still crying, I rolled off the stage, greeting Kendall and Nia.

"That was amazing!" Kendall jeered, embracing me in a hug.

"Thanks." I breathed, hugging her back.

We all walked back to the dressing room, where I was greeted by hugs, cheers, happiness, etc.

"Alright girls, calm down. We still have a group number to win!" Abby barked, as we all quieted.

Everyone nodded, adding finishing touches to their hair, make up, and costumes.

"Okay girls, go backstage. You should be performing soon."

We all stood hand-in-hand, as we walked towards the stage.

"This is for Maddie." I whispered, and everyone just nodded.

Even Chloe and Paige.

"Up next to the stage, is the ALDC, with 'Hurting.'" The announcer boomed into the microphone.

The music began, and I made my way onto the stage doing a front aerial.

The rest of the girls joined in the dance, a sad expression on their face, except Kendall who portrayed the bully. She was meant to look confident.

We went through the dance with absolutely no flaws, and by the end of the dance, I was crying again.

We made our way off the stage, whooping and hollering.

We were going to win.

Author's Note: Vote!