Examining, Examining, Examining.

Chapter One- Examining, examining, examining.

Maddie's POV

Two weeks later

I sighed, examining myself in my full length body mirror. I gazed quickly at my light brown hair; it was pulled up and in a messy bun.

Grimacing, I darted my eyes from my hair to my body.

My legs were fat and jiggled with each step I took. They weren't long and thin, nor was my torso toned and short. My collarbones didn't protrude like every other professional ballerina. I did not have a dancer's body and so I did not feel beautiful.

I scanned myself over once again and sunk to the ground in a puddle of tears.

It was then that I realized the only person who was preventing me from having the body I longed for was myself.

My cries were cut short by the sound of my mothers shrill voice yelling out, "Maddie! Josh is here!"

Flashback

"Maddie, wait!" I heard a familiar voice bellow from behind me as I darted through the hallways of a convention center.

I whirled around on my heel quickly; I was about to miss my call for awards.

My gaze focused on Josh. Josh Hyland.

I blushed and looked down at my feet, almost forgetting why I was in a rush.

My childhood crush on him hadn't simmered a bit and the bright red tint to my cheeks was an indication of that.

"Maddie, I-I like you." He choked out, awkwardly.

A warm smile spread across my face as I leaned in to hug him. Before letting go of his clutch I whispered in his ear, "I like you too."

I stared into his light blue eyes and he entwined his hands into mine.

I let a small giggle escape my mouth.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked, flashing a cheesy smile.

I hesitated, but quickly brushed away my feelings of doubt. "Of course!" I exclaimed, and hugged him once more.

We broke away from our hug and I felt my smile falter as Chloe and I made eye contact from across the room.

Her brown eyes were heavy and accusing as a look of hurt flashed across her face. Her emotions seemed almost transparent as she ran in the opposite direction.

A pang of guilt flooded my chest as I said, "Um Josh, I have to go," before scurrying off to find Chloe and dismissing my task at hand entirely.

Awards could wait.

Flashback Over

Authors Note~ 5 votes and 3 comments for more!