Texts

Chapter Twenty-Four - Texts

Mackenzie's POV

I rolled my eyes, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket for the umpteenth time.

It had been going off all day today, and I was so close to chucking it at the wall.

Maddie was lying on a hospital bed, tubes and wire connected to her, my mom stroking her hand next to her, as she silently wept.

That's all she had been doing. Crying, as she held onto Maddie for dear life.

Sighing, I decided to check me phone. There were a bunch of replies from Chloe, Brooke, and Paige.

{Text Messages}

Chloe -

Brooke --

Paige ---

-- Mackenzie, you cannot put the blame on me for this. I never intentionally hurt Maddie, that was Paige and Chloe. Sure, I could've stopped it, but you could have also. I'm sorry.

--- Brooke, shut up. Obviously, Mackenzie is following Maddie's footsteps of becoming an attention whore. Maddie's fine.

- Seriously. I hope she actually did commit. I'm tired of seeing her face everyday! Talk about gag!

{Text Messages Over}

I groaned, putting my phone back into my pocket, as I stopped reading the conversation.

I ran up to Maddie, placing a kiss onto her forehead, knowing very well that if she were up, she would have pushed me away, groaning.

But, she wasn't so I did it anyways.

Author's Note: Vote!