Cat Scratches

Chapter Ten- Cat Scratches

Maddie's POV

"Maddie, if you dance like you just did onstage, no one stands a chance. You have a fire burning inside you, and I can see it when you pour all of your emotions into your number. You truly are blossoming into a great, technical, dancer. You did better than on the Broadway shows." Abby informed me, with a broad smile.

I gratefully took her praise, as a small smile slipped onto my face.

For the first time in who even remembers when, I was actually happy.

I gave Abby a quick hug, then turning around, I briskly walked out of the room, a small smile still on my face.

"Maddie, send in Chloe and Paige for their duet, ok?" Abby called after me.

I nodded my head, ever so slightly.

There couldn't be a good outcome to this.

Especially if they already saw I was happy.

Quickly, I wiped the smile off of my face, but it was too late.

"Why are you smiling?" Chloe snarled, giving me a dirty look.

I shrugged my shoulders, mumbling, "i don't know."

"Well, stop. You look stupid." She laughed at her insult, sending a look to Paige that could easily be read as, 'Back me up on this!'

"Uh, yeah Maddie. You look like some sort of demented gremlin." Paige chimed in, not necessarily looking like she believed those words.

I rolled my eyes, trying my hardest to ignore their harsh words.

"Whatever, Abby wants you guys for your-" I began, but I was cut off by Chloe.

"Oh my gosh! Are those cuts?" She laughed, grabbing my wrists.

I felt my face flush, as I choked out the words, "Uh, no. They aren't. My cat scratched me, but it's not like it matters to you."

For a moment, just a split second, I saw hurt flash in Chloe's eyes. However, it was quickly replaced by her usual cold stare.

"You expect me to believe that?" She scoffed, pushing me to the side, as she let my arm flop back to it's original position.

Her and Paige both stalked off into 'Studio A,' as Kendall approached me.

"Maddie, we need to talk." She told me firmly.

"About?" I questioned, trying my best not to look fazed.

"Can I spend the night?" She asked, not bothering to answer my question.

"Uh, sure." I said, unsurely.

She nodded her head, grabbing her dance bag.

I stood there awkwardly, as she asked, "Well, aren't you going to ask your mom if I can come over?"

"Oh, right.." I trailed off, running to meet my mom.

I wasn't sure what Kendall wanted, but I knew it couldn't be anything good.

Author's Note: Finished editing this chapter(: Vote, comment, do whatever!(: