Spinning

Chapter Four- Spinning

Maddie's POV

"I'm really sorry about what I said," Josh repeated as we walked hand-in-hand to the little restaurant-café down the road. I felt like an ugly sluggish mess, and my eyesight was slightly faint as I continued down the street.

"Don't worry," I replied, not being able to meet Josh's eyes.

We arrived at the place and sat down for a table for two.It was a Thursday night in the beginning of the Summer vacation season. We were the only ones in the place, except for a teenage couple that wouldn't stop making out.

"So, what do you want for starters?" Josh asked, then he read out some stupid-sounding names and I stared at him. I didn't want food. Well, of course I wanted food, but I would force myself not to eat it. Then again, Josh would be worried.

"Okay, do you just want to start with mains?" He laughed and I nodded unsurely.

Josh called over a waiter and ordered, and they both contently stared at me.

"Umm.. Ill have... a... a... a salad." I choked out.

"Um, Maddie, that's not a side dish...?" Josh started to concern.

"and the grilled chicken fillets?" I read out the first thing I saw, unsurely.

We spent the next hour chatting as I tried to find ways to look like I was eating.

"Don't you like it?" Josh asked.

"Uh," I crinkled my nose.

"Let's get dessert, eh?" He asked squeezing my fingertips. Ew. Fat. Ew. Sugar. Ew.

"How about we get the sorbet?" Josh asked, as I nodded my head quickly.

So, we continued to talk over sorbet.

"Maddie, are you ok?" Josh asked. "You're kind of pale." He told me.

"No, no, Im fine." I tried to plaster a smile on my face, but suddenly I was too weak. My head was spinning, almost like earlier today, but everything went black.

Author's Note: Vote!