Gone

Chapter Twenty-Three - Gone

Mackenzie's POV

My mother's shrill scream rings throughout the house, causing me confusion.

Where's Maddie?

Is she okay?

Is mom okay?

Those were just three of the millions of thoughts running through my head.

Without a moments hesitation, I ran up the stairs quickly, to see my moms looking pale.

I rounded the corner, to get a view of what mom saw as I began to ask, "Mom, what's wrong?"

I peered into Maddie's roomed, to see her, hanging lifelessly.

Was she dead?

Was Maddie gone?

Not for a month, not for a day, not for even a year. She was gone. Forever.

I small cry escaped my lips, as I began to sob uncontrollably.

"Mackenzie, go get the phone." My father instructed.

I hadn't even noticed he entered the room.

I ran down the stairs, grabbing the home phone as quickly as I could, and hurrying back up the stairs.

I quickly handed the phone to my father as he shakily dialed in the number for the police.

"My daughter committed suicide." He cried, trembling.

I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling as though everything was closing in on me.

I had to leave the room before I had a panic attack.

Running outside into my backyard, I collapsed onto the grass, pulling out my phone, ready to text Chloe, Brooke, and Paige.

{Text Messages}

Mackenzie -

- Maddie is dead. You killed her. I don't know what you would like me to do. Congratulate you? She committed suicide because of your carelessness. You were so horrid to her, you drove her to her grave. Never ever speak to me again. I hope you rot in hell.

{Text Messages Over}

Author's Note: Vote!