The Fight

Chapter Two- The fight

Maddie's POV

I gazed at my bedroom door that was slightly ajar. I gave the wooden door a meager shove and watched as it gradually creaked open. Ignoring the doors loud groan, I advanced into my bedroom. My bare feet felt ticklish against the fleecy white carpet.

I couldn't help but feel a wave of sadness radiate throughout my body as my focus shifted to the shelf that held my dance trophies. It felt like everything I'd worked so hard for was coming to an end.

I sighed and plopped down onto my bean-bag chair. Josh grunted awkwardly and sat across from me on my bed.

I examined the outfit I was wearing and was slightly pleased. I was wearing an oversized dark-blue hoodie with the word "dance" slanted across it.

However, I was not as pleased with the choice I made for my bottoms. I was wearing slightly faded light blue short-shorts that emphasized my gigantic legs.

I began to pick at the split ends of my long brown hair that was now out of a messy bun and in wavy beach curls.

In an attempt to put myself together I had also applied concealer, mascara, and eye shadow.

Suddenly, Josh spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Maddie, where have you been? I feel like we haven't talked in ages." Josh stated, truthfully.

"I-I don't know. I've been busy, I guess." I answered, gritting my teeth.

Truthfully, I'd been avoiding contact with nearly everyone since Joffrey rejected me. I couldn't muster the strength to converse with others when it felt like my whole world was crashing down on me.

Sensing my discomfort, Josh blurted out, "Oh, well it looks like you've grown!" in a feeble attempt to change the subject and to crack a joke at the fact he hadn't seen me in two weeks.

I stared at him with my mouth agape, as a look of horror spread across my face. I quickly covered my stomach.

"N-no Maddie! Not like that! I meant taller!" Josh exclaimed.

"Get out!" I yelled, feeling the emotion, sadness, and anger bubbling inside of me.

"Maddie, are you ser-" Josh started, but I cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it Josh! Get out!" I shouted, once again.

Josh reluctantly left my room, and eventually my house.

I didn't regret it when he got up. I didn't regret it when he left. I regretted it as soon as I was lying on my bedroom floor crying.

Authors Note~ 5 votes and 3 comments for more!(: