Haze and Blurriness

Chapter Five- Haze and Blurriness

Maddie's POV

My eyes opened stiffly. All I could make out was haze and blurriness.

"Maddie?!?" I could make out my mom's voice gushing. I wanted to tell her that I was ok, but my mouth couldn't. It just gaped.

Within a few minutes my vision cleared and I could make out my mom, Josh, Kenzie, and a....doctor. Which only mean....uh oh.

"Mom," I murmured. She must have been able to make out my words because she rushed over and brushed some tangled hair off my face.

"Maddie, are you conscious?" The doctor bellowed from my side.

My eyes shifted to him and I muttered, "yes."

"Maddie, do you want to sit up?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." I answered, my eyes closing a little.

A minute later when I was fully conscious I could clearly make out Josh, Kenzie, my mom, and the doctor.

The doctor had elevated the back my bed. I managed to pull a hand out from under the sheets and brought it to my head.

"My head hurts." I whined.

"Maddie, don't keep moving, you're very weak." The doctor instructed, and my arm flapped back under the blankets.

"Maddie, I'm sorry." Josh told me.

"For what?" I asked.

"I feel bad about what happened, like its my fault." He told me looking ashamed.

"Please don't feel that way!" I said, before drifting back to unconsciousness.

Author's Note: Vote!