Chapter 5

Lucy woke up and got out of bed and walked into the bathroom, brushing her teeth she then changed into some leggings and a sports bra. She looked out the window, sighing as she realised it was sunrise.

'This is all Capricorn's doing. If it wasn't for his stupid early training, I'd still be in bed' Lucy thought to herself as she slipped on her tennis shoes, and walked outside of Laxus's house. She started by running her laps, wandering around the forest. Once she finished running 25 miles, she jogged back to Laxus' average sized cottage. She then started doing her toning and aerobic exercises. When she finished, she meditated for an hour. She opened her eyes and realised that it must have been around 8 am now. With a soft sigh, she got up and walked into the house, heading straight for the shower. She washed herself in strawberry scented body wash, and then used a jasmine and cherry blossom shampoo and conditioner.

She got out and wrapped a towel around her body and looked at herself in the mirror, and applied her makeup. Once done, she looked at the clothes that had appeared, courtesy of Virgo. She slipped on a strapless silk pink bra and matching underwear. She slipped on her pink lace high-waisted shorts and a floral crop top with spaghetti straps. She wore a long white crochet net lace cardigan over it, leaving it open as it dropped down to her knees. She threw on a pair of nude heels and walked to the kitchen. She saw that Laxus was already up and ready, dressed in a purple button down shirt and black trousers, his coat hanging on the chair. He'd made breakfast for the two of them. She sat down and joined him, munching happily on the eggs and bacon.

"So what are your plans for today?" Laxus questioned, and she smiled.

"Well, I was thinking of going to the mayor and asking him if I could build my house somewhere here in the forest. If he grants me permission, I was going to buy materials for the home and then have Virgo store them. Then I'd need to find a plot of land to build on, hopefully with a water source nearby, plenty of light and a spacious area for a garden or anything else I'd need. Then I'd start building, with the help of my spirits of course." Lucy said, informing him of her plan.

"There's no need to go speak to the mayor, I know of a place you can build on, it's owned by me, well my father, but it's now mine. I'd be happy to show you the area?" Laxus said looking over at her. She gasped and then grinned nodding. He got up, grabbing his coat and she followed him. He led her to an area that was a lot closer to the guild than she had thought, and was a 10 minute walk to Natsu's house and a 15 minute walk from Laxus'.

She stared at the area; it was cleared from trees and had luscious green grass. There was a small waterfall that led to a river as it flowed through, she realised this was the river that ran near her old apartment. She turned and looked at Laxus.

"I love it, how much do you want for it?" Lucy questioned

"You can have it for free, I don't really use this place, and I don't really know why my father bought it in the first place. So you can have it" Laxus said smiling at her. She stared disbelievingly.

"No, Laxus please let me pay for it, I can't just take this off you, there's something you must want?" Lucy asked.

'I want you. And I want you to be happy' Laxus thought to himself.

"If you really want to pay me back then fine, I'll sell it to you for 250,000 Jewel." Laxus replied and she nodded, and told him that's she'd give him the money after they visited the bank. He nodded back and they both walked to the Magnolia Shopping District, they walked in comfortable silence. Suddenly Lucy turned around as she heard someone yelling her name; she turned to see both Natsu and Sting running at her, yelling her name. She smiled and waved at them, allowing them to catch up to her.