Chapter 19

*Next Day. No One's POV*

The guilds entered the arena, raring for the day's battle. Lucy stood in between Laxus and Natsu, waiting for the battle to begin. Suddenly, Lucy and Jellal tensed. They straightened up and looked around the stadium, eyebrows furrowing as they scanned the scene in front of them. They both turned around to each other and Lucy motioned him to follow her. Jellal nodded and followed Lucy into a secluded area, away from prying eyes or dragon slayer ears.

"Did you feel that?" Jellal questioned her, cocking his head to the side

"Yeah, it was dark magic, strong dark magic" Lucy replied, eyes hardening

"Which begs the question, where is it coming from?" Jellal questioned, eyes turning back to the arena

"I've only felt it today, which means someone new has arrived. Let's just hope it's not as bad as last year's Future Rogue incident" Lucy muttered, also turning back to the arena

"Whatever it is, we'll have to stop it. One way or another" Jellal mumbled before both returned to their team, eyes alert for any dangers.

"Good morning kabo! Today's event is an all for all battle between the guilds. One member from each team will enter the arena and they will battle against the rest of the members. Please choose your participants and enter the arena kabo" Mato called before he walked out of the arena, taking his place beside the announcers.

Lucy turned towards Erza, smiling at her while Erza nodded, before moving to enter the arena. Lucy looked around, watching as Gajeel took his place beside Erza from Fairy Tail B. Kagura from Mermaid Heel stepped up along with Ichiya from Blue Pegasus. Next to them were Bacchus from Quatro Cerberus and Thibault from Twilight Ogre. Finally, Lyon from Lamia Scale and Alexis from Sabertooth joined the participants, all standing in a circle in the arena. Lucy frowned to herself as she looked at the participants.

'Minerva still hasn't shown up and this is the second last day of the Grand Magic Games before the Guild Battle. What is she planning?' Lucy thought to herself as she watched the battle begin.

"Dance, my blades" Erza said as she quickly requipped into her Heaven's Wheel armour and attacked Thibault, quickly sending him unconscious with her Circle Sword attack before she moved on to Kagura, their swords clashing as Kagura's was still sheathed.

"Wow, Thibault did not last long after an attack by Erza Scarlet" One of the announcers commented before his gaze turned towards Gajeel who was in battle with Ichiya from Blue Pegasus.

"Iron Dragon Roar" Gajeel roared, summoning his iron and hitting Ichiya square on, however Ichiya got up and ran towards Gajeel

"Armpit Perfume" Ichiya called out, unscrewing a perfume bottle, letting the putrid smell fill the Iron Dragon Slayer's nose. Gajeel turned green, the smell amplified by his dragon senses. Gajeel coughed and ran away while Ichiya laughed. Once Gajeel got rid of the smell, he turned back to Ichiya

"Iron Dragon Club" Gajeel spelled, maintaining distance between himself and Ichiya, rendering his perfumes useless.

"Power Perfume" called Ichiya, uncapping his perfume and turning into a more muscular and larger Ichiya

"Iron Dragon Lance: Demon Logs" called Gajeel, firing spears at Ichiya who was currently running towards him

"Smiling Smash" Ichiya called out, running in front of Gajeel and punching him, sending him flying into the air. Gajeel righted himself and moved himself towards Ichiya, using his momentum