Chapter 11

*Lucy's POV*

I woke up the next day lying on the sand, my boys wrapped around me. I groaned remembering the guild partying into the night and looking around, I realised that they were all still on the floor passed out. I smiled and got up, deciding to train for a while, since no one would be up for another couple of hours. I ran around the island and meditated for a while. I returned to the medicinal springs and changed into a pink playsuit with a thin brown leather belt. I threw on a like pink floral kimono jacket and white sandal heels before returning to camp, which was currently set on the beach where all the other participants fought last night. I looked around and everyone was up, looking lively, excited murmurs flitted across the air. Everyone couldn't wait to get back to the guild. I smelt the aroma of eggs and bacon and knew that Mira would be serving breakfast soon.

Scanning around the area, I found the three dragon slayers. Sting was with Rogue and Yukino, Lector praising him for lasting so long in the fight with Natsu. Natsu was currently with Gray, brawling over who was the better S Class Mage, while Laxus sat on the log, the Thunder God Tribe surrounding him, fawning over him. I smiled, deciding that for today, I'd spend the day with Erza, Mira and Cana. I looked around, frowning slightly as I couldn't find Wendy, Romeo or Asuka.

"Morning Erza, Mira, Cana, have you seen Wendy, Romeo and Asuka? I can't seem to spot them?" I questioned, sitting down next to Erza and Cana as Mira continued to cook breakfast

"Morning Lucy, Romeo took Wendy and Asuka for an adventure type 'mission' in order to cheer Asuka up, she was crying because she wasn't old enough to join Fairy Tail and go on jobs. It was so cute; I think Romeo and Wendy like each other. Oh young love" Mira replied, hearts and stars surrounding her head as she thought of the Fire Mage and Sky Dragon Slayer

"I'll drink to them" Cana replied, raising her bottle of Sake and taking a large swig of it

"Oh yes, I agree, they're too cute and the way they protect Asuka, it's too adorable" I replied, smiling fondly at the thought of the three children

"Romeo said they'd be back sometime in the evening, he took some food for them and we are on Tenrou, so they should all be fine, the Island will protect them" Erza said, nodding along. I smiled and joined the guild for breakfast. Many of them were still celebrating and it was nearing evening, soon Romeo and Wendy would be back with Asuka and I kept an eye out for them.

All of a sudden, I heard someone screaming. I whipped my head to see Lisanna in tears, her fingers shakily pointing at something in the sky. We all looked up, gasping in shock as a body fell from the sky, dropping with a thud. I watched in slow motion as Erza recognised the body, running over to it and flipping it over, tears in her eyes. We all screamed in shock when she turned the body over.

There, lying unconscious on the ground was none other than Jellal Fernandes.

I watched as Erza tried futilely shaking him as tears were streaming down her face, yelling at him to wake up. I quickly summoned Phoenix and she got to work, healing him with her magic. He groaned and Erza gasped, crying harder, holding his body close to hers.

"Erza?" I heard Jellal question, his voice soft and rough

"It's okay I'm here" Erza replied, her tears had stopped but she was still shaking, most likely from the fear of losing another childhood friend as well as the love of her life.