Chapter 9

Lucy awoke a little after sunrise and groaned. Today was the second S Class Trial and it depended on using intelligence, wits and quick decisions. Lucy smiled knowing that this trial would be relatively easy, for she was quite intelligent. Especially after all the lessons that were mercilessly drilled into her head by her father. She got up and yawned, getting up and walking to the hot spring a little further away from the camp. Tenrou Island originally housed a rest space for the members, who weren't taking part in the trial, however after the Grimoire Heart attack as well as Acnologia; the rest space had been destroyed. She moaned as she stepped into the shower, the medicinal hot springs slowly taking away the ache in her muscles.

After a long soak, she got out and got dressed. The weather was still as bright and sunny as the previous day, causing Lucy to change into a white tube bikini top, that had red rose floral print, as well as matching high waisted bikini bottoms. She slipped on her belt and keys as well as some gold Grecian styles flat sandals; she tied her hair into two high pony tails and secured them with ribbon. As she made her way back to camp, to wake the boys up, she thought of how the other teams would fare in the trial. Team Gale would be alright at Levy was on par with Lucy when it came to intelligence, Lucy would even go as far as saying that Levy was smarter. Team Thunder Natsu would also do well as Freed was also on par with Levy. She was slightly worried about how Team Gruvia would do, however she knew that they'd both protect each other and Juvia was previously an S Class Mage and that meant that she had to be intelligent too.

By the time she pacified her mind, convinced all her friends would pass and come out unscathed, she had reached back to camp. She noticed that Gray had already woken the three dragon slayers up who were now blushing and yelling angrily. She stopped and listened in on the conversation.

"I can't believe you three pussies, you were all sleeping together, hugging it out" Gray said, tears in his eyes as he laughed his head off

"Shut up Ice Princess, we thought Luce was still in the tent" Natsu replied, fists flaming

"Yeah sure, just admit that you're a pansy, flaming queer" (A/N Get it, flaming? Hahahaha I crack myself up) Gray replied again laughing.

Lucy could see that a fight was about to start so she cleared her throat and smiled at them.

"Come on guys, let's join the others for breakfast" Lucy smiled as they nodded and quietly followed her; she released her breath as a fight was avoided.

She joined the rest of the guild for breakfast and they ate, the whole guild was loud and noisy, and Lucy smiled. 'Just like Fairy Tail' she thought to herself. As soon as everyone finished breakfast, they made their way to the beach. Makarov asked Freed to draw some runes, so that nothing but the participants could pass through them. Freed stared in confusion but did as the Master asked, then joined Natsu, standing beside him.

"Today each of you will be fighting an S Class Monster. However, unlike normal monsters, S Class ones can't be defeated by sheer force. You'll need to figure out why on your own. There are four monsters, each team will fight one. You will be assessed on how you take down the monster. Remember, although you will be fighting, this trial requires intelligence and the ability to make quick and safe decisions. Safe not only for yourself, but also your partners. Now Cana, Lucy please step forward." He stated, watching as they did so. "Because you finished yesterday's trial in first place, you get to choose when you battle the monster. You may battle the monsters the same time as the others or watch their battles and battle last, having an idea of what you face. Now choose" Makarov finished.