Chapter 16

*Next Day at the GMG. Lucy's POV*

I watched the arena intently. Today's event was the Naval Battle and I felt the frown on my face remembering my humiliating loss at the last Grand Magic Games. This year however, I was not participating in it. I was brought out of my thoughts when the participants for the event shuffled into the arena, one by one. I smiled as Mato began to call out the names of the participants.

"Good morning kabo, today's battle is the Naval Battle. The rules are clear, last person to exit the water wins. Now from Twilight Ogre, Yuri, from Blue Pegasus, Ren Akatsuki. From Mermaid Heel please welcome Beth Vanderwood and from Quatro Cerberus, Nobarly. From Lamia Scale, Sherry and from Sabertooth, Pandora. Finally from Fairy Tail A we have Erza Scarlet and from Fairy Tail B, Rufus Lore" Mato announced as the crowd cheered for everyone. The loudest cheers were for Fairy Tail and Sabertooth.

I watched in anticipation as they all entered the water, grinning as I knew that Fairy Tail would win. It didn't matter if it was Team A or Team B, although I hoped for Team A considering that was my team. Soon the battle started, and I watched, smiling as Erza immediately requipped into her Sea Empress Armour. With her immense reflexes, she quickly charged her sword with the water and attacked both Yuri and then Ren, knocking them both out of the bubble in one strike.

"We have barely started the event and already Twilight Ogre and Blue Pegasus have been eliminated by Titania kabo" Mato called out, watching as Beth attacked Sherry while Pandora and Rufus watched quietly. Beth was quickly thrown out by Sherry and her Doll Attack: Mud Doll. Next it was Sherry and Nobarly against each other and this time Sherry was eliminated by Nobarly.

"That was..." Nobarly said, looking at the audience as Sherry was thrown out

"WILD" Team Quatro Cerberus called out as they cheered for Nobarly. I snickered at the distracted form of Nobarly and burst into laughter as he soon was thrown out by Erza who glared at him in disapproval

"You must never lose focus in a battle" Erza said sternly before she turned to the last few participants

"Wow kabo, the last competitors are Erza Scarlet, Rufus Lore and Pandora. I wonder who will take the prize kabo" Mato called out. My body leaned forward, elbows resting on the railing as I watched carefully. I knew this would be a tricky battle as Sabertooth was once again one of the last members along with Fairy Tail. I frowned as I noticed that Pandora had yet to use a take over in order to attack. No, instead she watched as the participants slowly thinned out. She must have been waiting for Fairy Tail to be the last remaining members.

'Hmmmm, this is going to be an interesting battle' I thought to myself, keeping my focus on the three mages. Soon Pandora turned her gaze to Rufus and chuckled

"Wow Rufus, I didn't realise a man of your power would slum it out with Fairies" Pandora sneered, looking Rufus up and down

"I don't slum. Fairy Tail is the strongest guild in Fiore, it was stronger before Sabertooth and it is stronger now with the addition of me and my friends. You're guild is the slum. Sabertooth is a slum and you may believe you're strong, but you're not stronger than Fairy Tail" Rufus argued, defending Fairy Tail. I turned to Master Makarov and watched as he smiled proudly at his newest child.

"Ha, please. Sabertooth lost, because apart from Minerva, you're all weak. We are the new Sabertooth. I am stronger than you could ever be. You will all bow before Sabertooth" Pandora cackled and soon she began to glow. I watched on as everyone covered their eyes, my Light Dragon Fairy abilities allowing me to see in the harsh light. I gasped as Pandora stood in a yellow leotard, her white hair crackling as her yellow eyes stared viciously at Rufus and Erza. She had a pair of small yellow dragon wings and I had to scoff at them, they weren't as impressive as my ones. She had yellow scales and sharp talons and if I was being honest, she looked hideous. Nothing like how my dragon slayers looked in Dragon Force. Her scales were dull and slimy, her wings tattered and torn in various places.