Sick Truth

Sorry I took so long to upload so there is a bit of Andrew Lincoln at the side because he is amazing and I love him ( for those who don't know he plays Rick and if you don't know who Rick is...Ima shoot you)

Anyways enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daryl was Drunk.

When Daryl was drunk he was clingy and just plain silly.

"Rose don't leave me!" Daryl whined as I pulled him down the corridor trying to get him to his room.

"Daryl I'm not leavin' ya!" I said.

"Yeah ya are yer gonna be like Merle and leave me fer better people like Officer friendly" He gurgled.

"One, his name is Rick and two, Daryl I will never leave you!" I assured.

"Promise me" Daryl grumbled with genuine concern in his eyes.

"Promise ya what?" I quiered as we walked into his room.

"That ya won't leave me " He blurted.

"I won't eva leave ya" I promise.

I layed Daryl out on his bed and pulled the covers around 'im.

" Night Daryl" I whisper pulling away softly.

A hand grabs my wrist.

"Stay....At least til I go ta sleep" Daryl mumbles and It was not long before he was out like a light.

I kiss his head softly and pull away and leave the room with tip-toed steps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk down the hallways looking for someone who is up.

I walk past Shane's room and I see Lori all over him with her nails digging into her skin.
Shane looks up and when he sees me at the doorway he winks at me over Lori's shoulder.
What a pig I think.

Poor Rick for marrying a girl like her I mean he could do so much better, I mean I may not have been loyal before but I have changed and I would be loyal for him, I would be loyal for Rick.

I walk away from the disterbing sight.

I continue down the hallways until I'm back at the room we ate at earlier and I see a figure sitting at the table.

"Hey Rick" I said as I sat next to him.

"Oh, hi Rose, I didn't know you were up?" He asked.

"Er yeah I was puttin' Daryl to bed when I saw Lori en....." I finished.

"Shane?" Rick asked.

"Yeah" I sadly replied.

Rick just sighed.

"Rick Ima sorry" I gently said.

"Its not that" He replied.

"Then what is it?" I asked sounding as concered as I felt, which was a lot.

"Its....." He started.

"Its what?" I pushed.

"Rose I like you" He mumbled.

"I like you too, now tell me whats wrong?" I asked knowing that he didn't like me in the way that I liked him.

I breathed out a breath I didn't know I was holding and remembered Beths tips, devil may care attitude, relax, smile, flirt, touch 'nd tease, mysterious 'nd be patient.

I ran my fingures down his arm and watched as goosebumps formed and Rick visably swallowed.

"R-Rose" He stuttered.

"Come on Rick tell me whats wrong" I said with a flirty smile.

He gulped.

Why wasn't he saying anything....It's probably because he still likes that whore!!

"Rose I like, like you" He said with more confidence.

"No you still like,like Lori, Rick" I mutter.

"No, I like you!" He growled.

"No ya don't" I snapped.

"You will never like me like you like her, ya love 'er!" I snarled.

"I don't love that whore!!" He spat.

"Prove it!" I taunted.

"Ok!" He growled.

I gasped as soft lips came crashing against mine, all I could do was kiss him back.

"See!" He growled.

"Means nothing!" I spat and turned away.

Rick grabbed me and pulled my hand to his strained erection.

"You see how much I want ya, not 'er!" He shot.

I gasped at the feel of his hard erection and I looked him in the eye as he pulled me closer.

"I don't love 'er anymore" He whispered.

Our lips connected again but with not the same force this time it was slow and sweet. His tongue trailed along my bottom lip and I opened to let it in. Our tongues did a gentle dance before his went to explore my mouth.

A loud cough came from the other side of the room and I saw Beth standing there with Jaz who looked very awkward.

We reluctantly broke away from each other and I turned to Beth with a glare.

"Well that finally happened" Beth said smugly.

"Beth" Jaz chocked.

"How long were you there?" Rick asks smoothing down his shirt.

"A while" Beth confessed.

"Never thought you to be a peeping Tom" I grumbled.

"Well, I never thought you to be such a seductress" Beth Chortled.

"RAWR" Jaz threw in and they both laughed.

"You won't tell Daryl" I ask.

"Naw" They both reply and Rick looks at me with a hurt look.

"I want to tell 'im myself" I assure.

Rick looks a lot happier now he knows that.

"We are gonna go now" Jaz says grabbing Beth by the arm and dragging her.

But before she leaves she says "Might wanna take a shower, Rick!".

Rick flushes and looks down, his erection still there.

"I will see you in the morning" He whispers and draws me in for a kiss.

"ok" I say.

He starts to walk off but I stop him.

"Rick!" I say.

"Yes" He replies turning to face me.

"I don't want this to be a secret" I whisper at my foolish words and I am suddenly ashamed at the blush tha frames my cheeks.

"I don't either" He says with a sultery smirk before I turn away walking with a swish of my hips and I turn back to see his mouth agape.
I really am good at this I think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk down to the dinning area with Daryl in tow.

He has a massive hangover and I think it is too right as he made fun of poor Glenn last night.

I sit at the table with Rick and Daryl at my sides.

"Good morning beautiful" Rick says as he brushes a kiss to my lips.

He is lucky I told Daryl of us this morning when he awoke, he took it pretty well I suppose I mean there was only one smashed vase.

"Good morning handsome" I blush.

The sounds of "awww", "eww dad" and "that was quick" erupt from the table.

I look up at the faces around us.

Carol looks pleased I mean she already knew I liked 'im, Her daughter Sophia who sits with Carl looks happy, Carl looks relived, Jacqui smiles, Andrea is smirking at me, Daryl has a light smile to his face, T-Dog and Glenn share a look, Beth and Jaz and smiling at their plates, Shane looks disapointed and Lori looks pissed but hey you can't please them all especially if they are bitches anyway.

"Way to go dad!" Carl yells across the table from where he sits with Sofia and a I can't help but think they would be an adorable couple.

"Carl!" Lori scolds and glares at me.

"Lori, you can't have them all" I snicker looking at Shane's grasp on her shoulder.

She just glares at me while Shane smiles smugly.

"Why you jealous?" He asks with a sick smirk.

"Nope" I confessed before closing my lips around a surprised Ricks but he responded instantly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while after dinner.

I was sitting with Rick on a sofa our hands interwinded when the doors started to close.

Everybody was up and alert.

' Emergency lighting on'

"Jenner what is this?" I ask looking at the man.

"Hey Jenner,open that door now!" A voice yelled.

"There is no point, Everything topside is locked down, the emergency exits are sealed." Jenner replies looking down.

"Well, open the damn things" Another voice says I think it was Shane.

"Thats not something I control, the computers do, I told you once that door closed, it wouldn't open again,you heard me say that" Jenner replies saying the last part to me.

"It's better this way" He whispers.

"What is? What happens in 28 minutes?" Frantic voices cry. COME ON! You know what this place is!? We protected the public from very nasty stuff! Weaponized smallpox! Ebola strains that could wipe out half the country! Stuff you don't want getting ou! EVER! In the event of a castastrophic power failure--in a terrorist attack, for example--H.I.T.S are develoyed to prevent any organisms from getting out. Vi, define" He says.

"HITs-- high-impulse thermobaric fuel-air explosives cocoists of a two-stage aerosol ignition that produces a blast wave of significantly greater power and duration than any other known explosive except nuclear.
The vacuum-pressure effect ignites the oxygen between 5,000 and 6,000 degrees and is used when the greatest loss of life and damage to structures is desired, It sets the air on fire, No pain. An end to sorrow, grief regret. Everything." Vi says.

"Open the damned door!" A voice cries but I can't concentrate.

"It would have been much easier" He mutters.

"Easier for who!" Somebody shouts.

"All of you" He whispers.

"You know whats out there..A short,brutal life and an agonizing death"

He turns to Andrea "Your...your sister...what was her name...Amy"

He turns to me.

"Rose, what was your brothers name?" He asks me.

"Merle" I whisper remembering my brother.

"Do you wanna live in a world without yer brother or would you rather see 'im again?" He asks.

"Don't you be filling my sis's head!" Daryl yells grabbing Jenners collar.

"Let go" I mutter and he does.

Daryl looks at me pleadingly.

"I promised my brother I wouldn't leave 'im" I say.

"But what about outside, there are monsters, you would be free" He pleads.

"I would be dead" I counter.

"My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this" Carol sobs and I walk over to comfort her as she pulls Sofia in close.

"Wouldn't it be kinder, more compassionate to just hold your loved ones and wait for the clock to run down?" Jenner asks.

Shane goes at Jenner with his gun threatening him.

"I think you're lying" I say to Jenner and everyone looks at me.

"What?" He asks.

"You're lying, about no hope, If that were true, you'd have bolted with the rest or taken the easy way out. You didn't, you chose the hard path" I say confidently.

"Why?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter" He replies looking to the ground avoiding my gaze.

"It does matter, it always matters, you stayed when others ran...why?" I ask.

"Not because I wanted to, I made a promise to her...My wife" He says softly.

"Test subject 19 was your wife?" I ask gently.

"She begged me to keep going as long as I could, how could I say no? She was dying...I should've been me on that table. I wouldn't habe mattered to anybody. She was a loss to the world. Hell, she ran this place. I just worked here. In our field, she was an Einstein. Me? I'm just Edwin Jenner. She could've done something about this. Not me." He said chocking on his words.

"Your wife didn't have a choice, you do...That's...that's all we want...A choice, a chance. Let is keep trying as long as we can" I say.

" I told you topside's locked down...I can't open those" He replied.

"Rick" Carol says and he turns around.

"Yes Carol" He says.

"I found this in yer pocket when I washed yer clothes" She said handing him the grenade I saw him with when I first saw him.

The room erupted with "Come on!", "Lets go!" , "Move it" as our exit was made.

I heard Carol say to Sofia "We're gonna get out of here Sophia" and I smiled, we were free.

Jenner looked at me and said " There's your chance, Take it"

I nodded.

"I'm Grateful" Rick said suddenly next to me.

"The day will come when you won't be" Jenner said.

"Lets Go!" Daryl and Rick said grabbing at me.

I saw Jacqui standing there.

"Let's go" I say giving her my hand.

"No,no, I'm staying...I'm stayng, sweetie" She says as I'm dragged out of the building by a possessive Daryl and a worried Rick.

When I get into the car I share with Daryl he pushes me down and covers me as I hear a massive explosion and I feel the earth quake. My eyes tear up as I think of Amy, Jim, Jacqui, Jenner and test subject 19, Jenner's wife.

They must be happy now, Away from the destruction, away from the hate, away from the monsters, they are safe, we are not, maybe I should have stayed and then I would be with Merle but then Daryl would be on his own and I promised him that I would never leave him, but sometimes people have to go back on their promises...So what if I had stayed...I would be with mum and Merle, I hope he isn't there the man who gave me my scars ,the man who beat and raped me, the man who Daryl and Merle protected me from, the man who hurt us, maybe I should have stayed because the worst is yet to come.