Different view

Beth's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay in my bed eyes shutting tightly trying to stop the tears that will appear. The pain in my heart hasn't faded and my love for Charlie is still there. Why did he do that to me? I loved him, I mean I still love him. I can't move on from his image of eternal beauty etched into my mind from the way he used to laugh from the way he would caress my cheeks. His gentle touches always seeming to set me alight.

But he is gone and there is nothing I can do about it.

I get up from the darkened cell to try and make myself useful outside.

The yard is overun with walkers, when the Governor had let them loose we had no way of reclaiming it, the fence was demolished and walkers pressed close up against the fence.

I pick up an axe and start chopping up wood, knowing that we need it to be warm.

I see Lea and Jaz walk out lovers in their arms, lust in their eyes. I wish I had that I mean me and Charlie we went all the way and I trusted him with parts of me I had trusted with no other, apart from him.

We shared so much from the way we both liked Sloths and Owls, the way his beautiful blue eyes matched mine perfectly, the way we loved unconditionally without regret. I loved him. I miss him everyday and when I see Lea and Jaz with their men it drives a constant pain through my heart. I love them like my own sisters but how can they be so happy without their love being taken away. Rose was separeted from Rick for so long and their love is still there and he is still breathing. Oh I wish I knew why he did it. Why he broke my heart like that. He was evil, but I forgave him a long time ago and I think the others have too. It wasn't his fault. He was a pawn in the Governors sick and twisted chess game. I hate him.

The tap on my shoulders goes unnoticed for a while before I turn around to see Merle in all his glory the sun forming a sort of glisten to him
making him seem good when he really isn't.

"Ya'll 'ight sugar tits?" Merle drawls.

"Don't call me that Merle" I say getting back to chopping.

"Come on sugar tits don't be like that" He drawls.

For no reason I think why should Rose, Lea and Jaz be in love when I'm in pain I deserve to be loved, to be touched, to be kissed, to be loved.

Thats when I smash my lips to his basking in his woodland and smoky scent. His lips mould against mine in a battle for dominace. This was what it was like with Charlie I think. His lips always brusining mine leaving them puffy and numb. When Merle grabs my ass my thoughts turn back to him. Merle of all people is the person I kiss in my time of need? Merle is a douchebag with no thought towards others but here he is kissing me like I'm the only one who will love him. He is sick. He is my best friends brother. He isn't Charlie.

Thats when the doubt kicks in. What would Charlie think of me? Rose? My parents? I'm kissing a racist bastard. Does this mean I'm a slut? Should I keep kissing him? The way his lips move against mine is nice he is good with his lips and his touches are gentle yet rough. This is so wrong.

"Merle stop" I say when I pull away.

His expression is a mix of shock and embarassment.

"Was I bad?" He asks a pink tint forming on his hollowed cheeks.

"No,no it's just..." I start.

"It's just what?" He asks.

"Charlie" I whisper looking to the ground.

I hear Merle sigh and step back a few steps.

"Beth I'm sorry but I shouldn't have done that aswell" Merle states.

"What?" I ask.

"There is another girl for me" He boldly proclaims.

"Who!" I gasp.

He mumbles a name but I can't hear what he says.

"Who?" I ask again.

"None o' ya business sugar tits" Merle snaps stomping off and I all I can think is he is totally in love.

But who with?

I am brought out of my thoughts when I see movement from across the way, a man.

He looks an awful lot familiar with his blonde hair and haunting blue eyes.

Charlie.

His form smiles a dead smile at me, eyes dull without their sparkle. He is still the most beautiful man though. He steps closer to me until our noses touch. This must be a sick joke from God. Taking my beloved away and then allowing his graceless form to haunt me with a love deep inside that this mute cannot return.

His hand follows up, a fingure stroking my chin and I close my eyes begging it to be real but I can't feel a thing. This is all in my head a beautiful hallucination. I open my eyes and his cold blue orbs are locked onto mine an unknown emotion fluttering over them. Love, Hate, Desire, Grief its all written over his face but his eyes are the mystery, they always was.

"I miss you" I say looking at his unmoving form.

"I wish I could be with you, I would give anything to have you by my side again" I sigh running a hand through his unkept hair.

He shakes his head.

"Don't" He gruffly speaks.

"You can talk!" I squeal wrapping my arms around him.

"You are real" I say as I cuddle deep into the curve of his neck.

"Beth, my love, you know I am not really here" He whispers.

I nod the realisation of that happening was a fools hope but I wanted it so much that I thought some higher power must have felt my plea. In someway I bet they did or my beloved would not be standing here before me.

"I can't move on from you Charlie, I just love you too much, let me be with you" I cry tears staining his pale neck and shirt.

"You can, my love" He whispers stroking my windswept hair.

"Charlie let me come with you, this world it ain't fer me, you are" I cry.

"No, you must live, but my love there will be horrible choices to be made but one day we shall be ruinited" He whispers.

"Why couldn't you be happy with me?" I ask.

"I was, it was he who made me do it" Charlie whispered against my hair.

"The Governor?" I ask.

He nods.

The hatred I feel for that man boils up, he is the reason my love is dead, but maybe he would have been killed anyway, the fates seem to hate the fact that we were happy no matter what others thought. Was it really the Governor's fault?

I see the Governor standing at the gate with two others that I recognise from my days at Woodbury Milton and Andrea. Milton looks worried while Andrea is confident hand pressed against the Governor's but not being held.

"We want Beth" He bellows at Rick and the others from the Prison that have gathered to watch what happens here.

"You can't have her!" Rose yells.

"This ain't yer fight redneck traitor!" A voice calls from behind the Governor and it is a man that I recognise but I never learnt his name.

"Don't talk about my sister like that!" Daryl and Merle yell at the man.

"Ahhh looky here its Merle the traitor and his redneck trash brother!" The man chuckled.

"Nick shut up!" the Governor shouts.

"But Philly" The man whines.

But the Governor just shoots him a glare.

I step forward until I am in everyone's line of sight.

"Beth, my dear we want you to join us" The Governor says looking at me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because it's what Charlie would have wanted, you to be safe" The Governor advises.

"Don't listen to him Beth!" I hear Rose yell.

"Do what Charlie would have wanted" The Governor presses.

I see Charlie walk towards me.

"You have to choose my love" He says walking to where my heart wants to go.

Thats where I go I walk to my beloved.

"I love you Beth, move on and be strong" He whispers against the wind before fading into nothing and I know that his finale mission is done and know he can be at rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while but I was very busy. I hope this compensates for your losses and I really enjoyed this chapter especially the steamy part with Merle!!

Hope you all enjoy!!

Stay Tuned x